“Beautiful Inn along Rt 95”

Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Dunn B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“Beautiful Inn along Rt 95”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Traveling solo from NJ to the Everglades... this was a perfect first night stop. Right off of Route 95, a charming Bed & Breakfast in a beautiful 1906 home. The inn had wonderful decor and the Coral room was lovely. The owners were great...even had a home cooked dinner, which was very nice after 9 hours on the road... and yes the meals where excellent. They were even helpful when I left my jacket behind and they mailed it immediately to me in Florida...that is service!

Room Tip: The Coral Room was lovely; light and spacious with a ceiling fan .... but if you plan a long stay th...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank like_jane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Torrington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Perfect place to stay when traveling the 95 corridor with dogs -- or without. Dinner was a bonus delight.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Carol C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a nice place to spend the night during our roadtrip from NYC to Florida. I am so happy that we found the Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast. The house was beautiful and clean, the food was delicious, and the innkeepers were welcoming and kind. The house is right off of I-95 in a charming southern neighborhood. We could not be more pleased with our decision to stay at Simply Divine.
P.s. Our 2 dogs were welcomed into the home and were very happy as well.

• Stayed December 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

Our non-profit organization recently celebrated our 25th anniversary and selected Simply Divine as our venue for an afternoon reception attended by about 90 people. Everything about the function was wonderful. I'll start with the abundance of nearby parking. That was a plus. The house itself was charming and allowed us to set up displays of our history. The food provided was plentiful and tasty. The proprietors were very friendly and helpful without getting in the way. We would definitely return for similar events in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Oh my goodness! What a lovely place. We stopped over on our way from McDonough, GA to Williamsburg, VA. You must, must, must have dinner here. We had the best salmon I have ever had with salad, vegetables, brown rice pilaf and a fabulous cheesecake dessert. We took our own wine, but water would have tasted wonderful with this meal. The room was spacious, attractive and comfortable. Our hosts were delightful and happy to share information about the home. Breakfast the next morning was filling and tasty. Would definitely go out of the way to visit here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

My stay at this property was pre-arranged by someone else....but what a delightful surprise I experienced during my stay! Carmen and Rob were gracious, warm and inviting. The architecture of the home was classic and fully restored without distruption to the original character of the home. I absolutely recommend this property as not only a must see but a must stay!

Room Tip: Ask which room(s) have a recliner versus chairs, if you want to recline. Due to the age of the home...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

The Simply Divine Bed & Breakfast is a true diamond hidden in... a truly "quirky" town. My girlfriend has made me delete four different descriptions of Dunn, NC. A town so lively, the fabric store is listed as an attraction on the tourism page. Not the number one attraction, mind you. But it's still there, nonetheless.

So yeah, Dunn.

But the Simply Divine Bed & Breakfast was genuinely one of the most "pleasant" and "relaxing" bed and breakfasts we've stayed in. The words in quotes are my girlfriend's. I happen to agree with her.

The house itself - we were told more than 100 years old - is open, light and airy. The large entry hall flows into large sitting and dining rooms. The guest rooms - subtly themed after colors, rather than something more obtrustive - are well furnished and spacious. The hosts were attentive, and the breakfast was a fine combination of pastry, fruit and breakfast casserole dishes.

Highly recommended if you're taking a day trip anywhere near Fayetteville. Because as little as there is to do in Dunn (although I'd sincerely recommend a trip to Sunrise Antiques - they have a deer head mounted along with its legs, for God's sake), it's still better than spending a night in Fayetteville.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Topaz room. I'd recommend it.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunn
Hampton Inn Dunn
Clarion Inn
#4 of 7 in Dunn
Baymont Inn & Suites Dunn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lillington

Been to Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!