“The perfect place to stay the night on our holiday travels. Located right off of I-95.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast

Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Dunn B&B and Inns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a nice place to spend the night during our roadtrip from NYC to Florida. I am so happy that we found the Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast. The house was beautiful and clean, the food was delicious, and the innkeepers were welcoming and kind. The house is right off of I-95 in a charming southern neighborhood. We could not be more pleased with our decision to stay at Simply Divine.
P.s. Our 2 dogs were welcomed into the home and were very happy as well.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Our non-profit organization recently celebrated our 25th anniversary and selected Simply Divine as our venue for an afternoon reception attended by about 90 people. Everything about the function was wonderful. I'll start with the abundance of nearby parking. That was a plus. The house itself was charming and allowed us to set up displays of our history. The food provided was plentiful and tasty. The proprietors were very friendly and helpful without getting in the way. We would definitely return for similar events in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Oh my goodness! What a lovely place. We stopped over on our way from McDonough, GA to Williamsburg, VA. You must, must, must have dinner here. We had the best salmon I have ever had with salad, vegetables, brown rice pilaf and a fabulous cheesecake dessert. We took our own wine, but water would have tasted wonderful with this meal. The room was spacious, attractive and comfortable. Our hosts were delightful and happy to share information about the home. Breakfast the next morning was filling and tasty. Would definitely go out of the way to visit here again.

• 3 of 5 stars
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

My stay at this property was pre-arranged by someone else....but what a delightful surprise I experienced during my stay! Carmen and Rob were gracious, warm and inviting. The architecture of the home was classic and fully restored without distruption to the original character of the home. I absolutely recommend this property as not only a must see but a must stay!

Room Tip: Ask which room(s) have a recliner versus chairs, if you want to recline. Due to the age of the home...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

The Simply Divine Bed & Breakfast is a true diamond hidden in... a truly "quirky" town. My girlfriend has made me delete four different descriptions of Dunn, NC. A town so lively, the fabric store is listed as an attraction on the tourism page. Not the number one attraction, mind you. But it's still there, nonetheless.

So yeah, Dunn.

But the Simply Divine Bed & Breakfast was genuinely one of the most "pleasant" and "relaxing" bed and breakfasts we've stayed in. The words in quotes are my girlfriend's. I happen to agree with her.

The house itself - we were told more than 100 years old - is open, light and airy. The large entry hall flows into large sitting and dining rooms. The guest rooms - subtly themed after colors, rather than something more obtrustive - are well furnished and spacious. The hosts were attentive, and the breakfast was a fine combination of pastry, fruit and breakfast casserole dishes.

Highly recommended if you're taking a day trip anywhere near Fayetteville. Because as little as there is to do in Dunn (although I'd sincerely recommend a trip to Sunrise Antiques - they have a deer head mounted along with its legs, for God's sake), it's still better than spending a night in Fayetteville.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Topaz room. I'd recommend it.
    • 3 of 5 stars
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stayed for one night on October 5th. This was a half-way stopping point between Fredericksburg, Va and Savannah, GA. I had a nice conversation with Rob on the phone to make the reservation. We didn't get to meet Rob, only lovely Carmen, his wife, was there when we checked in. She was absolutely charming and down-to-earth. This is a very lovely older home and our room (the Ruby) was very large, clean, and comfortable. It's too bad that the few negative reviewers didn't understand that most B & B's are not new buildings. If you want new, stay at a Holiday Inn Express. The furniture is old....thus they are called ANTIQUES. Carmen went out of her way to make us feel at home....even offering to carry heavy luggage upstairs since Rob wasn't there. Our breakfast was very good and served at 7:00 a.m. as requested. My only regret was that we didn't ask about having dinner at the Inn. Based on the breakfast, I have to believe it would have been terrific, and will certainly do that the next time. I can assure you, not all Innkeepers are as accommodating as Carmen. We had just stayed at another B & B in New Jersey and they set their own time for everything and if you didn't like it....too bad. You won't be sorry if you stay here. Carmen and Rob will make you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: The staircase is wide, so going upstairs is easy to navigate. We really enjoyed the "Ruby"...
Carlisle, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

We spent a night here on the way south. I preordered the dinner which was fresh, tasty, and meant that after an 8 hour drive we could avoid the road again and the chain restaurants. It was very much the right choice. This home is beautiful, the innkeeper warm and welcoming, and the grits casserole alowed us to try a dish we were unfamiliar with - a new twist on grits.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunn
Hampton Inn Dunn
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#4 of 9 in Dunn
3.5 of 5 stars 77 reviews

Been to Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!