“A "...true diamond..."”

Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Dunn B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 9, 2011

The Simply Divine Bed & Breakfast is a true diamond hidden in... a truly "quirky" town. My girlfriend has made me delete four different descriptions of Dunn, NC. A town so lively, the fabric store is listed as an attraction on the tourism page. Not the number one attraction, mind you. But it's still there, nonetheless.

So yeah, Dunn.

But the Simply Divine Bed & Breakfast was genuinely one of the most "pleasant" and "relaxing" bed and breakfasts we've stayed in. The words in quotes are my girlfriend's. I happen to agree with her.

The house itself - we were told more than 100 years old - is open, light and airy. The large entry hall flows into large sitting and dining rooms. The guest rooms - subtly themed after colors, rather than something more obtrustive - are well furnished and spacious. The hosts were attentive, and the breakfast was a fine combination of pastry, fruit and breakfast casserole dishes.

Highly recommended if you're taking a day trip anywhere near Fayetteville. Because as little as there is to do in Dunn (although I'd sincerely recommend a trip to Sunrise Antiques - they have a deer head mounted along with its legs, for God's sake), it's still better than spending a night in Fayetteville.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Topaz room. I'd recommend it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stayed for one night on October 5th. This was a half-way stopping point between Fredericksburg, Va and Savannah, GA. I had a nice conversation with Rob on the phone to make the reservation. We didn't get to meet Rob, only lovely Carmen, his wife, was there when we checked in. She was absolutely charming and down-to-earth. This is a very lovely older home and our room (the Ruby) was very large, clean, and comfortable. It's too bad that the few negative reviewers didn't understand that most B & B's are not new buildings. If you want new, stay at a Holiday Inn Express. The furniture is old....thus they are called ANTIQUES. Carmen went out of her way to make us feel at home....even offering to carry heavy luggage upstairs since Rob wasn't there. Our breakfast was very good and served at 7:00 a.m. as requested. My only regret was that we didn't ask about having dinner at the Inn. Based on the breakfast, I have to believe it would have been terrific, and will certainly do that the next time. I can assure you, not all Innkeepers are as accommodating as Carmen. We had just stayed at another B & B in New Jersey and they set their own time for everything and if you didn't like it....too bad. You won't be sorry if you stay here. Carmen and Rob will make you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: The staircase is wide, so going upstairs is easy to navigate. We really enjoyed the "Ruby"...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We spent a night here on the way south. I preordered the dinner which was fresh, tasty, and meant that after an 8 hour drive we could avoid the road again and the chain restaurants. It was very much the right choice. This home is beautiful, the innkeeper warm and welcoming, and the grits casserole alowed us to try a dish we were unfamiliar with - a new twist on grits.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Simply Divine is run by Carmen and Rob Forrester. This bed and breakfast is what it is called - "simply divine". It is situated away from the highway and in a beautiful residential neighborhood. The rooms are large, beautifully furnished, and downstairs is a group of small sitting rooms and a beautiful dinning room where breakfast is served.
I have been staying in the Coral Room with my schnauzer Chloe every time I stay there and I'm always greeted as a member of the family. Both Carmen and Rob are warm, wonderful hosts that cater to your every need.
The guest house has beautiful manicured and landscaped grounds and a beautiful swimming pool in back. It is quiet and relaxing.
Their breakfasts are wonderfully satisfying and you have a choice of several things that will be prepared to your liking.
I look forward to staying here every time I travel north and south. Florence Wildner.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank wildrio
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Excellent place to stay. Carmen and Rob made you feel like you were part of their family and since our daughter is going to University close by they were offering home cooked meals for her if she gets home sick.
Long term stay which I stayed and rates were superb. I would not hesitate to stay there again and again.
Clean and full of charm and character. In a good location to travel to Raliegh, Fayettevill, Greensboro and Charlotte.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Simply Divine B&B est formidable! We had such a great experience. We are veteran B&B guests. We got in extremely late due to traffic. Road weary and headed for our father's internment in Florida, Simply Divine was halfway. We had our dogs along and Carmen took such good care of us all. She sent us off early with a hearty breakfast and lots of bold delicious coffee.

Room Tip: Blue Room on the second floor spacious, comfortable and romantic
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Simply Divine B&B for our anniversary. We sincerely enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to everyone! We stayed in the downstairs suite of Shell Manor which was very comfortable and beautifully furnished. You really cannot beat the price for what you get at this Bed and Breakfast! We had dinner and breakfast and both were delicious! The hosts were extremely friendly and wonderfully gracious!

Room Tip: Shell manor provides privacy and a little more space but all of the rooms in the main house are very...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunn
Hampton Inn Dunn
Days Inn Dunn
Days Inn Dunn
#4 of 7 in Dunn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lillington

Been to Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!