“poor hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dunn
ROCHESTER
“poor hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

room was in very bad condition. furniture worn out. in desperate need of a new bed. mold around two soap dishes in the bathtub. All other furniture needed replacing. We Have stayed in Hampton/Hilton products for over ten years. They have been declining for the past couple of years in many places. we are now thinking of trying a different hotel group for future travels.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

cherylH698, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dunn, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Thomas M,

We love having you here!

We would like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Dunn for your stay !

It was brought to my attention that there were some issues in your room...and we would like to deeply apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay. Here at the Hampton Inn Dunn, we strive to ensure that each of our guest have the best experience possible!

We hope that when you revisit Dunn, you will choose to stay with us again so we can deliver our AWESOME guest service! And, thanks again for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Hampton Inn Dunn...we are listening!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Cheryl High, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great place to stay if you are visiting Campbell University. The hotel is very clean, rooms well appointed and the breakfast bar has plenty of fresh, hot choices with plenty of seating in the lobby area. Overall a nice stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dunn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We are always very happy with our stay at this property. The staff is helpful and friendly. The property is clean, and a good value. We have stayed at this property many times and always receive great service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good stopover between NY & Fl off I95. On way back from Fl arrived late and was promptly given our room and a warm welcome. Offered a snack and water. Very comfy bed and a good breakfast with variety. Have stayed here before and had been consistently good.

Room Tip: We had a room facing front but it was still quiet. If you need quieter ask for room facing back of h...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cherylH698, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dunn, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hello, Maureen D!

We love having you here!

We would like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Dunn for your stays...in the past and in the future! Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Hampton Inn Dunn...we are listening! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are passing through! Until then...

Hampton Inn
Lewes, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I generally only stay at Hilton chain hotels. We came here for a baseball tournament at Campbell University and considering that there were at least 2 baseball teams staying here along with at least 1 basketball team, I can only compliment the staff and management on the cleanliness, quietness and amount of food available for breakfast. Good job all around!

Hi, Judy H!

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of our hotel! Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn for your stay in Dunn, NC! We really hope that you enjoyed the baseball tournament!
Here at the Hampton Inn Dunn, we strive to ensure that each of our guest have the best experience possible! We hope that when you revisit Dunn, you will choose to stay with us again so we can deliver our AWESOME guest service! See you soon!

Wappingers Falls, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

My family and I stayed here for just one night from our long trip back from Disney by car and we absolutely loved it!! The man at the front desk was so friendly it literally took me aback!! He was equally as friendly to my wife and kids when they came into the lobby and offered my kids a free juice and a chocolate bar each. Checked us in immediately, gave me a AAA discount and headed upstairs to an immaculate room with the fluffiest beds and pillows and the cleanest bathroom.

Once I got into the room, I pulled back the sheets on the bed, and that's when I saw it...

Hairs between the sheet and the mattress. Lots of them. Everywhere. I couldn't believe it and instead of calling the front desk and asking to be moved to another room, I took that bed, gave the cleaner one to my kids and slept above the sheets.

I'd dreaded writing this review because I loved the people there, the service, the room, the cleanliness, everything, so much that it just didn't seem fair to bring this one thing up, but, it was a major oversight by management and an unfortunate one. I know it's not their fault, since it's the number one rated hotel in Dunn here on TripAdvisor. But I really think these hotel managers NEED to urgently police their housekeeping staff more because a lot of these inconsistencies are careless neglect.

Guys, please inspect your rooms every once in a while!! Talk to your staff, make changes, do something!!! It's unacceptable to run such a nice establishment with such a good reputation to have it tarnished by something so careless. All linen must be changed for every new guest. Period.

I definitely would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again with my family but I'd have to be extra careful and inspect everything in that room and if this sort of thing happened again, I'd have to speak up and have our room switched immediately. That was my fault to not have done that.

On the other hand, their breakfast from 6am - 10am was nothing short of excellent!
Lots of hot foods to choose from, cereals, waffles, juices, fresh fruit, etc. All in a very clean and elegant setting. Even their coffee was awesome!! Had a cup and made myself another one to go for the long drive back.

2 Thank JessterH
Hello JessterH!

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn for your recent stay in Dunn, NC. We really appreciate the positive compliments about our hotel! We are excited when our guests give us positive feedback! I also appreciate you taking the time to express your concern with the condition of the bedding. We strive to ensure that our guests receive the most warm welcome and experience the cleanest rooms possible! We hope that when you revisit Dunn, you will choose to stay with us again so we can deliver our AWESOME guest service! We love having you here!!!

RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was one of the cleaner Hamptons that I've encountered. Also, it might have the friendliest staff of any hotel we've ever stayed in. Dunn is the middle of no where and not much to offer that I can see but it's on the way south and an easy on/off. Get a NC tourist guide at the Welcome Center or wherever and use the coupon for the rate: it's better than anything quoted on the internet and better than they quote over the phone.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dunn I-95
#4 of 7 in Dunn
Baymont Inn & Suites Dunn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lillington
DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville

Been to Hampton Inn Dunn? Share your experiences!