“Clean and friendly place”
Review of Hampton Inn Dunn

Hampton Inn Dunn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dunn
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Me and my 2 year old son came here at 8pm and we just needed a room for one night. The hotel is clean, the rooms are big and the staff is very friendly. I don't remember her name but the receptionist who worked Tuesday the 1/22/13 was incredible. I would rate this a 5 based only on her, she was very friendly, helpful and made me feel very welcome. I hope she can get some recognition for this.

Room Tip: I had the handicap room with a king size bed
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Shannon T, Manager at Hampton Inn Dunn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Hello Miamoa!

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us! The lady you encountered at check in was Natalie and I will make sure to pass this on to her. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope the next time you come through Dunn, that you give us the opportunity to have you as a guest once again!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My daughter and I arrived at 2:00 AM on a very cold and snowy morning. We were both cold and tired after traveling since 6:00 PM the night before. We did have a reservation and I was greeted by name as we walked in through the front door and up to the front desk. Ron, the gentleman at the desk, had our keys ready and waiting to our room and made check in a breeze. I was very grateful to him for that. The room was very clean, warm and inviting. We only stayed for one night. Our flight was for 8:00 PM out of Raleigh, NC, that same day. The hotel allowed for a late check out, again, I was very grateful to the wonderful lady at the front desk. The hotel was very conveniently located 11 miles from Campbell University, where my daughter was visiting for the day. Whether you're traveling on I-95 or in the area, I recommend this wonderful hotel that extends Southern Hospitality to everyone.

Hello Jtrn!
I am delighted to hear your check in went smooth as a breeze! I will share you comments with Rod and our staff. If you should find yourself in the Dunn area and need a late check out, just let us know and we will take care of it for you. We hope to see you soon and hope all works out for your daughter! We Love Having You Here!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have stayed in Hampton Inns all around the Eastern seaboard and this particular one was far from the best. The carpeting throughout the facility was dirty and the rooms were smaller than we have had in the past. The mattresses were too soft and the pillows were almost non-existent. The breakfast was underwhelming-personnel did not keep up with the demand and so many items were empty or close to it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Shannon T, Manager at Hampton Inn Dunn, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Hello Mr. Scott M!

I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Us here at the Hampton Inn Dunn value your feedback and appreciate you letting us know the problems you encountered so we may get them corrected as soon as possible. I do hope that you will look at this as a one time incident and give us another opportunity to have you as a guest the next time travel brings you back to our area.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is an excellent hotel for those traveling on I95 from Florida to New Jersey/New York. The hotel is located 10 hours driving time from Palm Beach. This Hampton Inn is very nice. The hotel is fairly new and very well maintained both outside and inside. This is the second time that we have stayed at this hotel and this stay was as good as the first. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Upon checking in we were met by a very friendly and professional young lady who made us feel welcomed. She quickly checked us in and then gave us 2 bottles of water, 2 packages of trail mix and 2 candy bars. What a great treat after a long ride! Our double queen room was spacious, clean and well maintained. The beds are the best especially after a long drive. I am usually asleep 5 minutes after my head hits the pillow. Yes this Hampton Inn is a little more expensive than some of the other chain hotels and motels along I95 but you get what you pay for. I never worry about how my night will be when I stay at a Hampton Inn because I have never had a bad experience at one. This Hampton Inn is my new half way stopping point on every trip from Florida to New Jersey.

A special "thank you" to the friendly breakfast lady who did such a great job keeping the breakfast items stocked, cleaning the breakfast area going out of her way for her customers. She is the hotel representative that every hotel wished they had. Because of her customers keep coming back.

Hello Garda 19!

Thank you for taking the time to post your satisfaction of your stay with us on Tripadvisor. I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and was met by a few of our friendly team members. I will gladly share your comments with them. We hope to see you soon the next time travel brings you through our area!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

From the time we walked in the door until we left the staff made up feel so welcome. However, there was a loud "mechnical" noise that could be heard in the hall and especially loudly in our bathroom. Since it was New Year's Eve, we didn't get back to the room until late, so did not contact the front desk about the problem. It was hours before I finally fell asleep with a pillow over my head as well as under it. The suite was really nice otherwise, basically what we've come to expect from Hampton Inns. The desk person made our visit one that we won't ever forget. He goes beyond what I'm sure is required of employees. If all desk personnel were like him, traveling would be a joy in any town.The other staff members were very friendly and helpful as well.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any air conditioning/heating units on the roof above your room. I had asked for a h...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Hello WhistlingWoman!
I would like to Thank You for posting your comments about your stay to TripAdvisor. I am excited to hear that you had excellent customer service and will make sure to pass your comments on to Patrick and the staff, but apologize that you had to sleep with a pillow over your head due from a noise. I hope that the next time you are in our area, that you will give us another opportunity to have you as a guest of the Hampton Inn, Dunn and look at the noise incident as a one time problem.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

One of my concerns about hotels on North Carolina's I-95 from Roanoke Rapids to Lumberton is the cleanliness and safety of the property. I would drive all night to avoid staying in one those $29.99 overnight places!

Among the much better I-95 hotels is this Hampton Inn, Dunn, NC, very conveniently located just off the interstate, I was especially impressed with their declaration that the duvet covers (bed covers) are washed after each guest stay. That alone convinced me of their commitment to cleanliness.

Check-in was prompt and efficient and courteous. About the only "negative" for me was that I did not like their scrambled eggs! (I should have chosen the hard-boiled eggs instead.) Otherwise the complimentary full, hot breakfast was complete and satisfying.

In the category of roadside stays, I could go with 5-stars for this property.

Sagebrush restaurant (similar menu to Texas Roadhouse and such) is in the adjoining parking lot and proved to be a good dinner choice. Burger King is next door and a Cracker Barrel is very close.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donald W
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stay in a lot of Hamptron's and this staff was excellent- I asked if the room had a refridge. Ans. No but if you want one it will be there in 5 minutes. It was. hamptons have gone to green - as such they have paper cups in the rooms. I asked if they had glasses- (hate wine in a paper cup- they deleived 2 wine glasses to the room- they do not have a bar

We really liked this

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dunn I-95
Baymont Inn & Suites Dunn
Super 8 Dunn
Super 8 Dunn
#6 of 7 in Dunn

Been to Hampton Inn Dunn? Share your experiences!