“I think they just gave up!”
Review of Hampton Inn Dunn

Hampton Inn Dunn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dunn
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I think they just gave up!”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I used to stay here about a year ago and the place was not to bad but on my last visit I vow never to stay here again. First off they were doing renovations which understand I have stayed in several hotels while they were doing renovations and this place was just horrible.

I booked the two room suite and upon walking in the carpet was filthy with huge stains and tracked in dirt. The desk chair was broken and dirty. The kitchen floor was sticky and needed to be swept. I requested a new room which was better but still had mold in the shower dirty carpet and dirty desk chair.

I wanted to work out but they had closed the fitness room which is one reason I stay at Hampton Inns is the fact that they all have treadmills. When it came time for break fast they had a temporary set up in one of the meeting rooms. This was the worst excuse for a Hampton breakfast you could imagine.

They had a hand written sign that looked like a 4th grader wrote it flopped on the wall directing you to the meeting room for breakfast. Once in there the furniture was obviously the old stuff they planned to throw out with scratches and filthy chairs. The breakfast was terrible with warm juice, stale old bagels, and the worst plastic ware I have ever used.

In the lobby there was a couch that looked like it should be in someones yard with a blanket laid across the top. I'm certain the manager will make the statement that this was due to renovations but most normal Hampton Inns know to be more professional and don't have contractors yelling down the hallway and smoking at the front door while yucking it up at the free chicken wing table which was gross as well.

I would suggest staying in Sanford, or Holly Springs if your looking for a Hampton Inn that isn't filthy!

Room Tip: They all are horrible.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TheRealBillBrasky
Shannon T, Manager at Hampton Inn Dunn, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Hello The Real Bill Brasky! Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn, Dunn. I apologize that your stay was less than perfect and it did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with our Executive Housekeeper regarding the cleanliness of your room so she may be aware of any problems that need addressing. Our hotel has just recently went under renovations in all of our public areas. I apologize that our Fitness center was closed during your stay with us, but we do offer a free day pass to an off site fitness center during this down time. I do hope that the next time you are in our area, that you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest and enjoy our newly renovated lobby and fitness center.
Shannon Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stayed one night at this Hampton. The hotel is in very good shape. The king size room was large and well laid out and very quiet.

The breakfast was good in the morning and they have a large breakfast room, which is nice.

My only complaint was the slow, lagging, Internet. I was unable to do some work because things timed out due to the Internet lagging.

I would recommend this Hampton if you are looking for a nice place to stay, but not if you need dependable Internet access to get work done.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are on the "quiet side" of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Shannon T, Manager at Hampton Inn Dunn, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Hello Bham Buddy!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us at the Hampton Inn, Dunn. I am excited to hear that we met your expectations during your stay. I am also excited to inform you that we have upgrade our internet service to 10 megabytes, which allows for more people to be online with faster service without the lagging. We look forward to your next stay with us. We Love Having You Here!

jennjoedel
Reviewed December 2, 2011

After a 12 hr drive we were exhausted and looking for a clean room and a good nights sleep. We did not expect to find such an exceptional staff, generous room accommodations, a discount to the Sagebrush (steak house) restaurant next door, and a delightful breakfast the following morning. When I went in to ask if a room was available and inquire about the rate I was met by a charming gentleman behind the desk named Patrick. He greeted me with a big smile and quoted me a rate that was very reasonable. When I went back out to the car, my husband, however, wanted to check around. When I told Patrick this he made a bee-line for the car and with the greatest customer service effort I have seen in years convinced my husband to stay the night. We were not sorry. The room was very comfortable, clean, and spacious. Free wi-fi, a large walk-in shower, and the complimentary breakfast all served to enhance our stay. The staff was the most courteous and pleasant, calling us by name whenever we met. We have stayed in far more expensive and upscale hotels than this and not had as enjoyable a stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling the I95 corridor in NC. You will enjoy every second!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Va
Reviewed November 29, 2011

There are many Hampton Inns along 95 in NC. I have stayed in many of them. The staff at this hotel is by far the best of any Hampton Inn. I would agree that it is starting to show its age, but isn't bad by any means. I did see a bleach spot on the carpet, and there were a few nicks on the furniture, but the linens were all new and crisp and it was very clean. Last time we stayed a few exits up in Rocky Mount and paid about $40 more per night. I would easily pick the Dunn location over it any time.

Room Tip: You can find coupons for this hotel in the travel magazines at rest stops and gas stations.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Shannon T, Manager at Hampton Inn Dunn, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Hello sunngod!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I know there are many hotels you could have stayed overnight at and I am very delighted you gave us the opportunity to have you as a guest at our hotel. I am very proud of my staff and will gladly share with them your comments. I am glad we met your expectations during your recent visit with us, and we look forward to your next !

Maryland
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Well I think the staff here was very kind and helpful. but the first room they gave us had nasty carpet, tons of spots you could see. the second room was a little better except all the corners were dirty you could see dust hanging off curtains etc. Shower was not to clean either. Almost left but we were traveling and exhausted. This was not up to Hampton Inn standards by any means. The reviews on this were very misleading.They really need to update this motel and clean the rooms. coffee was good. Breakfast was typical unhealthy fair you find.

Room Tip: Don't go until they remodel and clean it
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Shannon T, Manager at Hampton Inn Dunn, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Hello CT105,

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property to Trip Advisor. I do apologize that your experience was not up to the high standards we strive for at the Hampton Inn Dunn. I have passed this information on to our Executive Housekeeper so she may be aware of the problems you encountered during your recent stay with us so these problems can be corrected. I do hope the next time you are in our area that you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Hampton Inn, Dunn
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This was the third time we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Dunn. The rooms are always nice and clean, and staff is wonderful. The complimentary breakfast is easy and conveneient and has a good selection of breakfast items. After traveling all the way from the West coast, it is a good feeling to arrive at your hotel and be greeted as if you were coming home. Our hat's are off to a great hotel and staff. Good job!

Room Tip: We like staying in a room on the Southwest side of the hotel. It just seems to be quieter there.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darrell S
Shannon T, Manager at Hampton Inn Dunn, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Hello Darrell S. !

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you are a return visitor to our property and everything was excellent! We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Hampton Inn, Dunn
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This may be the best Hampton Inn that I've ever stayed at. Right off Rt. 95, clean and comfortable. Highly recommended for those of you needing a one night stay when traveling up or down 95.

• Stayed September 2011
Shannon T, Manager at Hampton Inn Dunn, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel! We are glad you gave us the opportunity to have you as our guest. We hope that the next time you come through Dunn, you will choose to stay with us again.
Hampton Inn, Dunn NC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dunn I-95
Super 8 Dunn
Super 8 Dunn
#6 of 7 in Dunn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lillington

Been to Hampton Inn Dunn? Share your experiences!