“Good Stopover Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dunn
Greensboro, Georgia
“Good Stopover Hotel”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting family. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable and the packaged coffee in the room was much better than other hotel brands, With the exception of a housekeeper who went out of her way to get us a missing Do Not Disturb sign, the staff was not particularly friendly. When I went to my car with luggage early in the morning on our last day, two staff members were standing on either side of the entrance smoking during two trips.. Gross. When the phone rang, one of them rushed inside to answer it. When we left one afternoon, we also experienced an employee smoking at the front door.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank statboy2711

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My family and I stopped at this Holiday Inn Express on a Saturday night at midnight last week. We were on our way back home. I had a coupon from one of the rest area magazines for hotel coupons. The check in was a breeze and friendly at that hour. They honored our coupon and we got a nice, clean king size non smoking room. The room had a nice plasma tv,micro,refudge,desk,bathroom toiletries,etc. We were on the first floor. We got a wake up call for breakfast. Breakfast was in a dining area that had many choices, including juices, cereal, bagels, cinnabon buns, eggs, yogurt, sausage patties,etc. We ate a good breakfast before we hit the road. We also had our bill done that same night and it was express checkout, no need in checking out at the desk. Our credit card would be charged and that is it. Easy breezy! I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express before and have had a good experience that is why I chose this one, not to mention our coupon was honored and I got points since I am a rewards member. Totally would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BMB1
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2012

First time at a Holiday Inn express. Location was great for our overnight stop on I-95. Property was very clean, staff were friendly, Room was clean and comfortable. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever experienced. Free breakfast was above average. Would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sonofjs
Philadelphia PA
Reviewed July 12, 2012

While convenient to I-95, and comfortable as are most Holiday Inn Express hotels, this one is short on luggage carts, which means when they're busy, there can be a wait: 20 minutes before one became available on a recent Saturday AM in July. And the water pressure was very low (it was a busy morning). We suggested getting at least one more cart, and putting signs on them to suggest not keeping a cart for more than 10 minutes. The price is very reasonable, and the breakfast is as good as other HIE hotels, so we are going to stay there again this coming Saturday.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank henrytd
Savannah, GA
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I stopped here for an overnight, just to break up a long car trip on I-95. The Holiday Inn Express was clean, modern and easily accessible from the interstate. We had no problems during our stay. I really like the free breakfast available in the lobby. We don't need a big meal to get us going, so having the casual, complimentary breakfast available saves us a drive-through at one of the fast food places.

There are plenty of the chain restaurants around, plus a number of local places that looked pretty good.

The front desk clerk was very helpful at recommending some places for dinner.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Savannahmike1130
UNKNOW
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Your quality of life will be affected by your stay in this Holiday Inn. A more meaningful way of saying it if you want to subject yourself to racism, harassment, price fixing, and nasty attitudes DO NOT STAY HERE! As a government employee I had made my reservations thirty (30) days in advance and was given a price. I arrived at 02:00 a.m. with my daughter in which I had been traveling thirty teen (13) hours to get to our destination. Upon checking in I did not receive a warm welcome from the receptionist at the front desk. She acted as if she had reservations about rendering service to a different race however, I was given a different room price during our conversation. For the sake of argument I decided to wait and talk with the owner during the morning. She informed me that because three (3) employees had made the transactions a mistake had been made. Upon returning to my duty station, I informed the Holiday Inn Guest Relations Department concerning the price issue. They told me an investigation would be initiated and I would receive a follow-up status. To date, guest relations/ customer care have not called me back. Since I was not contacted I drafted a letter to North Carolina Consumer Protection and explained the issue. The hotel owner weaved and fabricated lies about the price and also stated that she told me I DID NOT HAVE TO STAY THERE, I COULD GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. I would recommend a dog stay at this location. If you want to subject yourself TO A REDNECK STAY, BE MY GUEST.

Room Tip: 1. Rooms are not fully cleaned.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AL M
, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear AL M,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Dunn hotels

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed at this property for 1 night on a business trip and my room was less that $100. The property was in good condition and I had no issues with the staff or my booking. My room was clean and spacious and the beds were fine. The property sits away from I-95 and backs up to a residential area, so the road noise is not a big issue. If you get a room on the backside, you will be completely away from the main roads.

There is not much to Dunn, so don't expect a lot to do. There are a few restaurants close. This is a fine stop while traveling on I-95 at a reasonable cost.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the property.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunn
Hampton Inn Dunn
Super 8 Dunn
Super 8 Dunn
#6 of 7 in Dunn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lillington

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!