“My absolute favorite OBX restaurant”
Review of The Blue Point

The Blue Point
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Duck
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cook Drive
Description: A fresh approach to regional, coastal cuisine and southern hospitality alongside spectacular views of the Currituck Sound. Inspired dinner and lunch menus served in a warm and inviting atmosphere by a professional and natural staff. Exceptional and friendly Wine Menu + Full Bar complimenting both lunch and dinner menus. No better place for good food, good wine, good friends and spectacular sunsets.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband, our two best friends, and I just finished up our annual week in Duck and of course it included more than one visit to Blue Point. Our friends have been coming to Duck for years and BP is the first thing they always mention. I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about until my first visit last year, and NOW I KNOW! It doesn't matter if you are stopping in for lunch or dinner, either way you won't be disappointed. My favorite lunch standard is the meatloaf. Just like Momma used to make, IF your Momma made a juicy, savory slice of comfort served with fluffy mashed potatoes. For dinner this year I stuck with the specials and wasn't disappointed. I was sad to see that succotash wasn't on the menu right now. You couldn't have gotten me near succotash until my first taste of BP's 'tash - sheer heaven! We asked the server if the chef might have some hiding back in the kitchen - it is one of the Point's specialties - but he told us that they just hadn't gotten a lot of good corn this year. Since BP uses local as much as possible no corn means no succotash. I'm okay with that, I'd rather have the memory of last year's incredible succotash than a taste of a mediocre one this year. Plus, there's always next year! As far as desserts go, you can't go wrong with any selection. If you are a pecan pie junkie like me, try theirs. They make their ice creams themselves so you never know what's on tap, but if you happen to be there and the server says there is ginger snap and salted caramel ice cream in house, definitely give it a try. It's a winner!

There are newer reviews for The Blue Point

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We enjoyed our first visit last week so much, that we went back again and had an excellent dining experience! Food is always delicious, great wine selection and drink menu, and the atmosphere is perfect to see a beautiful sunset! The wait staff was very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. We enjoyed each menu item that was familiar and some that were very creative. We will be back for sure! Wished we lived nearby so we could come more often!!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Blue Point is one of the top 2 places in Duck that is a must visit if you're looking for a nice and somewhat expensive meal (the other is Roadside Bar & Grill, with Red Sky a distant third).

They have expanded, which is great and allows more to enjoy the spot. The food is always top notch. Feel confident that you can order anything and be happy.

They have a musician playing music on Thursdays, Fridays, and I think Saturdays outside. Great spot for drinks watching the sunset on the sound, while the music plays. The sunset is a must before or after dinner, depending on how you roll. Tables, deck chairs and a bar are there for your choosing.

Get there early and walk around the boardwalk and shops that are adjacent. Very pretty views and relaxing way to start the night. If you eat around 7-8pm, get there early to watch the sunset from the shops or the outdoor bar.

Make a reservation EARLY!!!! Like a week in advance if you can.

Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I heard many good things about Blue Point. The interior did look like a cafe and not overly fancy. The prices however were some of the most expensive I encountered. Menu was very limited which surprised me. Portion size was average but salad or sides were largely separate. Food taste was average and seasoning was too mild for my taste.

I would not eat here again. Too many other great places with reasonable prices.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We went here on a Friday night while visiting from south Florida, so clearly we are accustomed to good seafood. We were seated promptly and then 20 MINUTES went by before the server got to us. He said he didn't know we had been seated, even though he had walked by us a bunch of times. When he got to us he seemed annoyed by us. We ordered and the food was mediocre and cold. He didn't check on us once during the meal, only when we were done. When I complained to the manager she was apologetic but what could she do??
I would not recommend this place.