“Great food and staff”

Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Duck
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Coastal Cravings is now Cravings Steaks & Seafood serving Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner 7 days a weeks from 7am to 9:30 pm Outdoor Patio that is Pet Friendly along with our New Outdoor bar the Tap Shack with Live music Every Night at 6:30 pm
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We try to hit a lot of the restaurants on Diners, Drive thrus and Dives. Since Coastal Cravings is not a diner or drive thru - I guess we have to put it in the dive category. It is a very nice restaurant with nice outside patio for dining but attached to an express gas station and sharing the same bathroom. Food is very good and the staff was super friendly. Pretty much everyone there is on vacation when we went in late June so it had a fun atmosphere to it. We really enjoyed our whole evening but on our next visit to Duck, we will probably try another place. So many restaurants down there.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We ate here for dinner. We weren't aware of the hype involved, so we weren't really going in with set expectations - in fact, I think I'd have avoided the place if I'd known it had been endorsed by Guy Fieri. We sat outside and luckily got a table right away, but it was an hour wait inside at 5:00pm. Service was good, food was a bit slow but the restaurant was really, really busy, and frankly I've yet to find a place in the OBX that is fast. Food was worth the wait. I got the scallops in lobster sauce - very tasty. Fish was fresh and expertly prepared.

This place is literally attached to a gas station which sounds worse than it is. We actually enjoyed the atmosphere - the courtyard is a bit set off from traffic, there was a little band playing beach music, and the outdoor seating was actually quite comfortable.

Overall a great place, but they don't take reservations so if you head over at peak dining times be prepared to wait.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The atmosphere is very nice in that the restaurant inside is tastefully decorated and the diners outside enjoyed intimate lighting and live music. I don't think you would really notice that it was next to a gas station in the evening once seated.

I was disappointed that my meal -- a swordfish special -- tasted bland. There appeared to be grill marks on the fish but it was not as flavorable as I expect swordfish to be as compared to other dining places. The sides were white rice and zucchini/squash. The meal was bland for my palate.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We popped in for lunch and sat at the counter. The waitress was cheerful, helpful and prompt. I loved my lobster roll, wine flight and key line pie dessert.
Their breakfast menu sounds great and we look forward to trying that as well.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

After driving 10 hours from Connecticut, our rental company suggested we have our breakfast at Cravings. My husband, my son and I ordered egg sandwiches and my daughter ordered a muffin and a green tea. Pretty simple, right? Wrong. My husband's order was correct and he thoroughly enjoyed a very basic egg, cheese & bacon on a hamburger roll. My order and my son's order were both incorrect and had to go back. I am a vegetarian and received bacon on my sandwich. My daughter received Sweet Tea instead of Green and no muffin at all so instead she ordered a waffle. You think they would rush it, right? Again, wrong. She had to wait behind 4 other orders ahead of her. Unacceptable! We were looking forward to having a nice breakfast after driving so long and it was a huge disappointment. All while the smell of gas from the attached BP station wafted over us.