“An Annual Stop”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Centerville, Ohio
“An Annual Stop”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We make the Duck Deli our first stop on every visit to OBX. It's been a family tradition to stop for either breakfast or lunch depending on our arrival time.....and TRAFFIC! Their service is fast and friendly and the food is always good. It's very small so seating is a premium and it's a great spot for takeout. Their BBQ is outstanding and the chicken wings are some of the best, large, meaty and very spicy! I recommend the Duck Deli on your visit to Duck and the northern OBX!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Bill10161

“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband I stopped in to get sandwiches for dinner because our first choice place stopped serving them at 5. We got the chicken sandwich and the BBQ sampler. I paid extra for the fries which were very crispy. The sandwich, however, was really boring. The BBQ sampler wasn't much of a hit either--ribs weren't any good, the potato salad didn't taste like anything.

Not terrible. Just *meh*

• Visited July 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Excellent food, quick service”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We called in for a couple pulled pork sandwiches for the family, but didn't want them right away, it was 10am and we were walking the new boardwalk. Duck deli said no problem, they packaged everything separately, toasted the buns and wrapped them in foil. The quality was just as good as when we'd eaten there before, good very crisp cole slaw, tangy vinegar sauce like you'd expect in east Carolina and TONS of pork. Our favorite casual meal north of Southern Shores.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank mxbraun2
Chicago, Illinois
“Carolina BBQ At Its Finest”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I love swinging into Duck Deli every year in the Outer Banks. Their sandwiches are delicious, and they do not skimp on the pulled pork. Service is quick and efficient- perfect for a quick bite before heading back to the beach.

Visited July 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Too much for too Little!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was excited to try this place. It's been around a long time. Every year when we drive by we see good sized crowds. The place wasn't too crowded when we went, and we did get waited on right away and our food came quickly. My friend and I ordered corned beef sandwiches. He got chips, and I paid extra for the fries, The sandwiches were nothing special. I really could have made better ones myself. Looking around I saw quite a few people eating the biggest wings I've ever seen. Perhaps this place is better known for ribs, wings, and bbq. I wont be going back as there are better places get food like that.

• Visited June 2014