“A must place to eat while in Duck NC”

Roadside Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Duck
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Richmond, Virginia
“A must place to eat while in Duck NC”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Well the ratings are right. The clam chowder at Roadside is amazing. In fact they know how to serve up a number of really great dishes. My favorite....the scallop pasta. Of course the paella is great to.

Jamestown, New York
“Very Relaxed”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were here in April, we enjoy the shoulder season, with less crowds. The resturaunt was at the end of the road we were staying so it was very convient for us. We visited 3 times. Once for drinks at the bar and appetizers, the second time for just the guys for drinks, and a third time for dinner with the wives.

Every visit was great. The bar, was very small, but the bartender was knowledgeble and personable each time (different bartenders). One even said, I know where my money comes from so I am going to treat you well.

I suspect the bar would be overwhelming during the high season (that is why we go on the shoulder), but if it was bigger it would probably lose its character.

I see people say it isn't kid friendly. I agree they don't cater to childern, but my 14 year old was with us one time, and she did not feel out of place, and the staff treated her well, and she had a craft root beer while we had craft real beer.

All the food was great, I had shrimp and grits, and my wife had a sandwich. My daughter had apps, and I heard from others in our group that the chowder was awesome.

We are starting to narrow our choices of resturaunts in OBX and this one definately makes the list. (others are black pelican, blue point, and a few others).

• Visited April 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Small, but not in a bad way!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Ate here during our week long stay in corolla. Have been vacationing in OBX for years but this was the first time this far north. The restaurant is small and cozy, made me feel like I was just sitting on my deck at home. I soon realized that if I had the chef who cooked my dinner on my porch, I wouldn't leave. The menu is not large and all of us got something different. I appriciate the fact that they keep there menu small, and for good reason, cause all four of our meals were amazing and portion size was perfect. Cost was average in my opinion plan on spending about $30 a person for dinner. All of us will return again next year!

Visited May 2013
“Best sandwich I've ever had--and outdoor eating area very homey!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Turkey croissant with Brie and apples--unbelievably delish! Husband got tasty blackened tilapia. Quick service, charming atmosphere. Highly recommend this place! We will surely be back--maybe tomorrow!

Galt, California
“I Wouldn't”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I wouldn't stop here again. The food was pretty good; service was OK at first and then abysmal. (Because there was only one waitress; she was very busy!) The clam chowder, while different, was excellent. Upon checking out we noticed that we had been charged a dollar more for our clam chowder and a dollar more for our order of shrimp. I asked the waitress about it. (Remember that she was very busy.) She said something I didn't catch and offered to void my credit card charge and do it over. I felt bad because she was so busy and the total difference was only three dollars. I said forget it. She asked if I was sure then started rummaging through her tip money to refund me. Then she started crying! Again I said forget it, but mention it to somebody OK? I felt like a heel. Not the best way to end what should have been a nice outing with my wife. So, Roadside fix your charging process! Meanwhile folks, go somewhere else.

2 Thank Fred D