“Cozy little Place - Great Food”

Roadside Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Duck
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were guided by Trip Advisor to try this little place, and found it delightful. The service was friendly and attentive, and the burger really hit the spot! It is cozy and eclectic, and felt just right for this quaint little town. There's a nice patio to eat outside also, and the blues music really set the tone. We really enjoyed our stop there, and will pop in again should we be in this area.

1  Thank Penny C

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Granted this place is closing end of business today for a two week break, but we waited for at least 1/2 hour for a BLT, a Reuben, and hamburger. When I complained to the waitress--gently--she said it takes 20 minutes to cook a burger. Even a medium-rare one? Well, the burger came well-done, not even medium, let alone medium-rare. The pasta was plenteous, as was the bacon on the BLT and the pastrami for the Reuben. The waitress comp'ed us the iced tea as we had a long wait. The seating arrangements are overcrowded. I would not recommend it.

1  Thank Elizabeth F
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I eat here every time I visit the Outer Banks. The food is delicious,the atmosphere wonderful, and the service is great. I usually end up having coffee just to stay a little longer. Warm hospitality at it's best!

1  Thank Angela W
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stopped in for lunch in November with 2 families which included 5 kids. We were surprised they didn't have any high chairs and no kids menu. The service was great and the food good - wonderful clam chowder. Lots of local photos on the walls and really cool art. Only bottle beer, no draft

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We returned from Duck, North Carolina celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary and sampled some wonderful OBX restaurants. Our favorite restaurant on the Outer Banks was the Roadside Bar & Grill. When you walk down the stairway to the relatively small dining area, you feel "at home." The service was excellent but the food was superb! I ordered the JAMBALAYA and my wife ordered the SALMON AND SHRIMP. Both meals were the best we had had during our trip. It was so good, we went back to the Roadside the night before our departure. I had the Jambalaya a second time (it sthe best I have ever tasted) and my wife had the Duck! Check out the menu at http://www.roadsideobx.com/dinner-menu, you will not be sorry.