“Amazing breakfast & view!!!”

Sunset Grille & Raw Bar
Ranked #14 of 34 Restaurants in Duck
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Ate here this morning and it was amazing!! The service was great, the food delicious and the view was beautiful. We sat outside... Perfect weather for breakfast. We split the platter for $10.99, which was a TON of food and perfect for 2 people. It included 2 pancakes, toast, eggs, meat, and potatoes!! We will definitely be back! Don't always believe all the reviews you read. I was skeptical because this place didn't have that good of reviews but I was impressed!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,228)

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We (my husband & I and our 3 1/2 year old daughter) drove up the coast through Duck & Corolla for the first time. .Decided to stop in Duck to explore some of the waterfront shops and then eat dinner on the sound front. Views were beautiful. Decided to eat inside because storms and rain clouds were getting thicker by the minute and they couldn't guarentee to be able to move us inside if it rained from outside dining - even though it was only 4:00 PM! We were ready for an early dinner since we missed lunch. SHOCKER! They weren't serving dinner yet but had their 'specials' on the board which is what I wanted after I saw it. The waitress finally came and got our drink orders after about 10 minutes and there was hardly anyone in the restaurant. When she came back to take our order, I asked about a dinner menu which by then it was 4:15 PM and she said they weren't serviing dinner yet. I asked what time they started dinner and she said - I think around 4:30 or so. Really?!?!?! 15 minutes?!?!?! I asked if the special that was listed on the board was lunch or dinner and she didn't know. She went to ask and came back saying it was a dinner special. I ended up ordering 1/2 lb steamed shrimp for 9.99 without the seasoning because I don't like spice and they don't even come with a single side item. She didn't know if I could order them just steamed without seasoning but said she would check. Nothing comes with those so I ordered a house salad which was what looked to be a bagged lettuce mix with red cabbage, a few cucumber slices, 4 small onion slices and 4 cherry tomatos. Are you ready>>> 5.99 for a house salad that looked like that! Some of the lettuce was even brown. The waitress was either tired or didn't speak english very well because most of the questions we asked she looked off into space somewhere and usually just said, I don't know. To add to that - sorry not trying to be crude or TMI but really - I'm in a restaurant and my waitress clearly needs to go wipe her nose!!!! EEEEWWWW! The food finally came out about 15 minutes later and here's the kicker here - our waitress is at table behind us reading the dinner special that I wanted only 15 minutes earlier as being available!!!! URGH! Our daughters 'children menu popcorn shrimp' had so much batter on it, she was peeling the batter off just to find tiny pieces of shrimp that looked like it had been flattened out. My husband's shrimp basket looked pretty good. He said it tasted alright - nothing to write home about. 48.00 and some change later and a waitress telling us to have a good evening (with breath that about knocked me out) and we were out of there. We will never go back and I would not recommend this place to anyone unless you just want some finger food and bad service. Very Very Very disappointing after hearing all the good things about all the good restaurants in Duck. I was still hungry after since we missed lunch and opted for an early dinner which we couldn't even get. Wish we would have just gotten up & left but we were very hungry and am very disappointed. Struggle giving a 2 review or a 1 review. View was nice so the 2 is really only for the view. I would opt for somewhere else for good food and then go sit and watch the view from somewhere else.

1  Thank jenrake1 .
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great view... Took grandson and daughter and granddaughter for birthday dinner,enjoyed...meal was good service was good ....will repeat visit next year

1  Thank Diane K
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had the crab cake dinner and the grilled tuna dinner. I ordered the tuna medium but it arrived well done. Good flavor but overcooked. The crab cake dinner was very good. Overall, food is just average but the outdoor deck is a great place to watch the sunset.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We wanted a place to see the sunset and have a nice view of the water. We got here around 5:30 and were seated upstairs. The sun was so bright and hot it was extremely uncomfortable. The food was mediocre at best. The crab cakes screamed of artificial crab and the chicken stir fry was bland. The decor is dated and in desperate need of a deep cleaning and refreshing. It was family friendly, but not worth the price to take kids.

1  Thank Robin M