“Lobster roll for lunch”

Elizabeth's Cafe & Winery
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Had take out lobster roll for lunch only $13. Lobster was good but roll could have been fresher. Came with side Caesar salad which was good. Needed croutons or something. Maybe they could have used the older roll I had to make croutons.

1  Thank KC_Fun_in_the_sun31
There are newer reviews for Elizabeth's Cafe & Winery

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Our family of 6 adults had such a great family dinner last year that we decided to return and we were thrilled again to have a great meal.
For appetizers, four of us had the scallop and Brie bisque with the Granny Smith apples. We actually couldn't wait to taste it again as we had chosen it the year before. The combo of the seafood and the tartness of the apples is wonderful. My son had the foie gras which he said was great and my other son had the shrimp, he claimed some of the best he had ever had.
They have an extensive wine menu and we had 2 nice bottles of Pinot Grigio that were modestly priced.
Our dinners ranged from the tuna, to lamb, to the tenderloin and finally the ribeye. All were done to perfection. My son said the lamb was incredible. I had the tuna with the wasabi mashed potatoes and the chilled cucumber salad. I love foods that give you a rush and the wasabi potatoes certainly do! I asked for the tuna to be done rare and it was perfect- melt in your mouth. My husband had the tenderloin which he said was one of the best cuts he ever had. Apparently the ribeye was also perfect because all I heard was sound of contentment from those eating that! I was too full for dessert, but two desserts were ordered and the only comment was the creme brûlée was a bit runny, but beautifully crusted on the top.
To six of us love this restaurant, even though it is a bit pricey- it is our one indulgence for our week at the Outer Banks. We definitely plan to come back again next year!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Fantastic ambience, excellent service, tremendous food, but very expensive - if you're prepared to spend $$, it is worth the cost - try the duck!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I joined some good friends to celebrate my mother's birthday and this was my first time at Elizabeth's. We were greeted at the door and welcomed as if going to a good friend's home. The ambience of the tasting room with the chef's own artwork on display was relaxing.
The wine list is impressive - we relied on the owner's recommendations and each wine we were served was perfect for each course.
The service was terrific and the staff are extremely knowledgable about all aspects of the menu and wines and have been there for years which is always a great sign of a restaurant that cares about food, wine and offering an 'experience' not just a meal!
I had the garden salad with fruit but tasted the delicious mussels which were absolutely terrific. For my main course, I had the sesame seared tuna over wasabi mashed potatoes and the seaweed cucumber salad. It was seared to perfection and the wasabi potatoes were balanced perfectly.
After dinner, we sat on the porch and enjoyed some lemon chess pie to top off a wonderful evening's experience.
Not only will I return but I highly recommend Elizabeth's to anyone I know - especially my foodie and wine friends.
The whole experience was delightful!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Going to the beach for vacation, especially with kids can be exhausting. Elizabeth's Cafe is quiet, classic, old school respite. The wine list is impressive and a great range of styles and price points. The service is casual and friendly. The food is very good and well prepared. I would recommend the tasting menu. My favorite item on the menu was the the pan-seared sesame crusted tuna with a soy ginger beurre blanc and an Asian Seaweed cucumber salad.