“Nice place-outstanding crab cake!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Elizabeth's Cafe & Winery - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Elizabeth's Cafe & Winery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hollister, California
“Nice place-outstanding crab cake!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Good wine list, attentive service-not as crazy about the desserts, though! I liked the salad but wouldn't order the key lime pie again. I'm sorry my husband ordered the same entree so I couldn't get a taste of something different. The bleu cheese cheesecake with fig conserve and port wine reduction was strange, and he wouldn't order it again either! I was amused that the first page of the menu discusses how they filter the water (reverse osmosis).

• Visited August 2012

Nashville, TN
“Good food, outstanding service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

My daughter and I enjoyed a lovely evening at this OBX restaurant. The service was impeccable from the moment we walked in the door. The restaurant itself is quaint and a little dark, but any deficiencies in ambience are outweighed by the quality of the food and the warmth of the service. We began with champagne and fantastic French bread. We opted to go the ala carte route instead of the prix fixe menu even though it sounded incredible. We were not disappointed with any of our courses and commend our server for the excellent wine pairings. We particularly enjoyed the Foie Gras with Scallops paired with a very nice sauterne. Even though we were stuffed after our fabulous dinner, we couldn't resist taking dessert home to eat later, which turned out to be a real treat.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank BBJones
Sarasota, Florida
“Accommodating Fine Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Elizabeth's is one of our favorite OBX restaurants. Their menu and wine list always have great choices. I was nervous about my options for Good Friday menu that would also work with my Weight Watchers program. I am not crazy about many seafood choices, but I did notice a special shrimp appetizer. The chef was very open to making that selection into a full dinner option, with wonderful grilled vegetables and roasted potatoes. And the wine selection from the "by-the-glass" choices were superb!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Denise C
“Okay restaurant in general, one of the best on OBX for 'ambience'”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

Elizabeth's is an 'okay' restaurant. The service and food are what you would expect for a higher priced nicer restaurant, but it is nothing to shout about. I would reservedly recommend it for a couple looking for a night out on the Outer Banks, but mostly because its one of the few options in the area.
We've been eating there once a year for many years as our 'night out' and while it is nice, I always seem to leave there without anything to praise. Usually when going to a comparably priced/rated restaurant there is always at least something to be excited over (wow, that Cab was amazing...that appetizer was out of this world, etc), but Elizabeth's just leaves me flat. Part of the problem may be the lack of change in their menu. While their appetizers have changed, the entrees do not seem to year-to-year. There may be small changes, but nothing I notice. Soup and salad offerings are good, but have been the same for at least a half-dozen years, maybe longer.
Additionally, the wine dinner is very overpriced, $125/pp, with almost no flexibility (no 'options' for different appetizer/entree). By selected wine-by-the-glass and individual selections the cost is equivalent or less. For a couple its almsot pointless to both get the wine dinner as you will both have the exact same meal and same wine. Defeats the whole joy of saying to your partner "wow, you have to taste this".
A lot of potential there, but its sad that they don't improve over time.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Mike18062
Maryland
“Elegance, comfort and quality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

We love to celebrate our anniversary/special occasions with you! The food is ALWAYS incredible, as is the wine and the service. Thanks to Mr. Logan, Alice, Melissa and Brad as well as all the staff. Such a special place that we have never been disappointed at, even after 10 years. See you next time, but not soon enough! Sincerely, Sherri & Gus Carky