“Coffee and books!”
Review of Ducks Cottage

Ducks Cottage
Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Duck
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Duck's Cottage offers excellent coffee, tea, and treats such as biscotti alongside a good selection of books in a renovated duck hunting cabin that provides a relaxing atmosphere. Highly recommend the iced Mucky Duck--a terrific concoction of iced coffee, caramel, mocha, and hazelnut.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Found many coffee shops while staying in Duck this year and had the privilege of trying several different ones out. This one is a tiny building that houses a coffee/book store. I get the idea of reading and enjoying coffee but with the level of coffee they serve it needs to be one or the other (disclaimer...this is my opinion) I do enjoy to read but this place is cram packed with people and is almost not worth the fuss just for a cup of coffee....the biggest problem I think is the layout of the shop, once you order there is like nowhere for you to go and people don't want to move if you were to step to the side to pick up your order. The gentleman making the coffee was super nice and he does what he does VERY well! The people at the registers made me feel like it was just a herding cattle sort of situation...and didn't really want to be there. I completely understand that it is busy season and there are a ton of people in the area with the same goal as myself for a great cup of coffee (which mind you they have AMAZING coffee) it was just the experience that was a turn off for me.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We have been coming to Duck for over 10 years. This is one of our favorite destinations. Nice and cozy, great coffee and the books give it a nostalgic beach feel.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The place to stop in for some local flavor - grab a newspaper, some delicious coffee, and pick up an interesting book. Must visit!

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We spend at least 2 weeks in Duck every year, and whoever leaves the house first each morning, stops at Duck Cottage for the WSJ. It's the only place we've been able to find it, and often get the last copy, so if you want one, get up early! The staff is always very friendly, and they have a full-service coffee bar as well.