“Wonderful View!”

Paper Canoe
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Duck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A stunning waterfront setting serving fresh food prepared simply and with passion by our team of friends using ingredients from our own backyard. We are dedicated to your experience from the time you walk in the door. An ever changing chalkboard features daily selections from handmade pasta, locally caught seafood and rustic wood oven specialties. Ten Craft beers on draught and extensive reasonably priced wine list showcase our wood oven pizzas and entree offerings
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The wife and I enjoyed dinner at the Paper Canoe but I was slightly disappointed in my dinner. I ordered the crab cakes. Now what I consider normal crab cakes have crab, filler, and some binder combined with seasonings. These seemed to have crab that was stuck on the filler which tasted like polenta all with tomato reduction. The the tomato reduction was delightful but it really didn't go with the crab for my taste. I am picky about my crab cakes and had great hopes but these were not the 9 or 10 that I was looking for.
But what a great place for dinner and watching the sunset!

1  Thank curtreich

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Paper Canoe is one of our favorite places in the Duck - there are a couple of restaurants that are more well known and much harder to get in, but they are no better than the Paper Canoe. We were there Friday night and enjoyed a great dinner with excellent service. I can only comment on the seafood dishes because that is the only thing we order. The fish is always fresh and cooked in unique ways and I experienced the crab cakes this time - excellent. The starters are always great. We had the grilled Romain this time and it was excellent. For dessert we had the coconut creame burlee and it was just right! They have an excellent wine list and good choices for individual glasses.

As my title indicates I hesitate for the word to get out about the Paper Canoe, but it is a special place and should not be missed!

1  Thank Ernie F
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner here. Super accommodating for someone looking for a creative gluten free menu. There were seven in our party. For appetizers we tried the crab dip and duck potstickers...both a big hit. We had the house made ravioli prepared both ways offered, we thought the cream sauce was a little better than the tomato cream sauce. Steak was awesome, wonderful sauce-gf, shrimp and grits-great-gf, wood grilled chicken with Mac and cheese-this was some of the best Mac and cheese ever! Stuffed pork chop amazing, and the grilled stuffed shrimp was very good, especially liked the sauce.
Dessert was coconut creme brûlée, sooooo wonderful.
After dinner we took great sunset pictures overlooking the sound.
If you are vacationing in the OBX don't miss a dinner here.

1  Thank KimF29
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Make a reservation and enjoy! Sweet little bar in the back with a great view; we enjoyed our cocktails on their outdoor deck and watched a storm roll in. Delicious food, casual feel, attentive service. Well-thought out wine list and craft beers on tap. We went one night and returned the very next evening, highly recommend.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The food was excellent and the views were amazing. The wait staff was also nice and informative. The place is very small so a reservation is a must. Unfortunately, it's very loud inside on a busy night. It was hard to hear our own conversation at the table. They are only open for dinner but should definitely consider a Sunday brunch.