“Best in Duck”

Paper Canoe
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Duck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A stunning waterfront setting serving fresh food prepared simply and with passion by our team of friends using ingredients from our own backyard. We are dedicated to your experience from the time you walk in the door. An ever changing chalkboard features daily selections from handmade pasta, locally caught seafood and rustic wood oven specialties. Ten Craft beers on draught and extensive reasonably priced wine list showcase our wood oven pizzas and entree offerings
Richmond, Virginia
“Best in Duck”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Between my girls trip and hubby and I coming, I make two or three trips to the Outer Banks every year and this was my first time here. You can rest assured I will be back every trip I make here!
The setting on the sound was wonderful. Our waiter was very attentive. And the food... ahhh.
This was my ladies trip, and the four of us shared 3 dinners, an appetizer and a salad so we were able to sample a lot. The artichoke and crab appetizer was one of the best I have had. Great flavor and not in a heavy cheesy sauce as is often the case. The grilled romaine salad was wonderful. We all agreed that the scallop dish with a light curry sauce served over puff pastry was to die for! I promise, even if you think you are not a curry fan, you will love this. The curry is light and the combination of flavors is just wonderful. We also enjoyed our crab stuffed shrimp very much. Do yourself a favor and dine at the Paper Canoe.... you won't be sorry.

• Visited June 2014

Mechanicsburg, PA
“Great food and experience”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I have had a place at OBX for 10 years and this is my first time at Paper Canoe. We will definitely be back. It was a little pricey. We had the potstickers (wonderful), wedge salad, ribeye special ($36) and lobster pizza ($22). My husband had two beers and I didn't drink. The total was $95 without a desert. It won't keep me from coming back. The views are great. The food was fabulous. Just be prepared to spend a little extra.

1 Thank frugalmamma
Duck, North Carolina
“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Paper Canoe to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The upscale, casual atmosphere, a stunning sunset from the deck- with the best Old Fashioned ever in hand, friendly, helpful service, and professional attention from the management all made this an evening to remember. The food was prepared to perfection. I had the beef filet, cooked to my specification :) Hubby had the ravioli with huge chunks of lump crabmeat. I finished my meal with a to-die-for chocolate martini. I look forward to returning to Paper Canoe, and since we live in Duck it is going to be our go-to place for taking houseguests.

• Visited May 2014
Alabaster, Alabama
“BEST BAR IN OBX!!!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

i stumbled across the paper canoe by chance, driving south on a friday night. They were busy and i didnt have a reservation so i sat at the bar. The Bartender Zack was very knowledgable and friendly. I tried the softshell crabs by his request and was beyond pleased. This place definitely has their act together, I wanted to thank the management but the woman at the front was busy on her phone, everything else was wonderful.

• Visited May 2014
Fairfax
“A great choice for dinner”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

A wide, varied menu with a large chalkboard of daily specials. Four of us each had a starter and entree (soft shell crab, duck special, pizza, crab meat ravioli) and and all of us were 100% pleased with everything. Knowledgeable and super friendly waiter. Service was at the prompt without being rushed.

Visited May 2014