“Offensive, uncaring staff”

Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Offensive, uncaring staff”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My family and I rented a house in Southern Shores in August and stopped in to rent a few beach cruiser bikes for the week.
There were four 20-something guys standing behind the counter talking when I walked in the store with my three children. One of the first words I heard in that conversation was the n-word. Within a minute, we had all heard some variation of the f-word at least five times. For the short time we were in the store, the staff ignored us.
We walked out. And they couldn't have cared less.
We walked across the street and rented from Atlantic Oceans Rentals, where the staff was helpful and polite.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Julye101

Elkton, Virginia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good deal for what we got.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We rented Kayaks for our family of 6 for a 24 hour period. We shopped around before we came to the OBX for vacation. This business was one off the cheapest rentals we could find for a daily rental. Must other places only rented for a week or were really expensive. I called a week before we came to reserve since we needed so many. I spoke to a nice fellow - he assured me that they would have enough available & to call the day we arrived to reserve. I tried twice that day and couldn't get them to call me back. They kept saying they would check their numbers and call me back. I never did receive a call; so we decided to just show up the day that we wanted to rent them. Luckily they did have enough and were very - well let's say "laid back" about everything.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Teeth2004
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Private Surfing Lesson”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My 10 year old daughter took a private surfing lesson at Duck Village Outfitters. She requested a female teacher and they didn't have one on staff but found one for us the next day! Lindsay was an amazing teacher and had our daughter standing up on her first attempt! One hour was just enough to learn the basics and it came with a surfboard rental for the rest of the day! Highly recommend trying surfing with Duck village Outfitters!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Hurleyluv
Kansas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Had a great experience during our March 2013 visit. Rented a few bikes and some wetsuits for our stay. Staff was very helpful although you must be ready for their laid back pace. Staff gave us a lot of helpful information for enjoying our stay in the area.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mom_with_five
toledo, oh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very nice folks.”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Needed a quick bike repair for my daughter. They did the job amazingly quickly [while i waited] and very reasonably [$6 as i recall]. This is very cool place to shop. We picked up some beach stuff while we were there.

Visited July 2012