“Re: Bicycle Rentals”

Duck Village Outfitters
Ranked #5 of 9 Tours in Duck
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I rented 8 bicycles from Duck Village Outfitters. One was not delivered until 3 days after it was requested. Two bicycles had the seats very high but did not have quick release on them. We did not have tools with us on vacation, it took two days for the repair to be made. The baby seat was filthy, the padding was torn and falling off. Because the bikes were not ridable for a few days, the person at Duck Village said a refund would be given. That was incorrect, I just received a bill for the entire amount. Poor service, old/broken bicycles and unfulfilled requests. Definitely go with OCEAN ATLANTIC rentals. I have rented from that company for ten years, with no problems. Bicycles were always at the houses when we arrived. Definitely my mistake and I paid full price for poor quality.

7  Thank kaykuhns

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Recently rented two kayaks for my husband and 3 kids to go out kayaking on their own. It was a first time experience for the 3 kids. Husband forgot to give the coupon we had just cut out of a coupon book and it was not mentioned to him by the staff, as a previous reviewed mentioned.
It was about $95 for the two kayaks for a 24 hour rental period. Also, it would have been nice for them to offer to assist him with getting them on top of our van, as one kayak fell off while he was trying to adjust them. Fortunately, nothing happened to the kayak, but our van obtained several scratches. The older kids and husband enjoyed kayaking for a couple hours (including a stop for ice cream at another dock) from the launch in the town park. The younger child thought it was a lot of work and didn't enjoy it so much. The nice thing was they were able to use them again the next morning since the rental was for 24 hours.

3  Thank Hotspot63
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We took an approximately 2 hour kayaking tour through Kitty Hawk Bay and out into the Albermarle Sound. It was very enjoyable and a good activity for beginners. We went into DVO in Duck to sign up, sign our waivers, and pay. There is a 10% off coupon in those vacation guides you can pick up around town. It was about $30 apiece for single kayaks after the discount, but they also have the option to rent a double kayak. The tour took us through the Maritime Forest and the guide pointed out local plants and wildlife. Saw lots of osprey, crabs, and heron, but the bald eagle eluded us this time. Would definitely go again- we were going to just rent the kayaks, but the self-guided tour pier was damaged in Hurricane Irene last week. Should be back up and running soon, but I recommend you call first.

2  Thank Crystal N
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We went to rent a couple Bikes for our 2 week vacation, myself and my 8-yr-old nephew. They had a good selections of bicycles, and even on a Monday they still had plenty of kids bikes to choose. The prices were reasonable and they even mentioned a coupon for me to use to get a discount. We're enjoying the ride!

4  Thank Mightemo