“Rude people.”

Add it.
Hawaiian Island Snow-Balls
Ranked #7 of 7 Dessert in Duck
Good for: Families with children
Description: The best of the Outer Banks. Full service ice cream, floats, malts, homemade fudge and more. Located on the Currituck Sound... free sunsets!
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We were recommended by the surf shop to eat here. The owner was very rude and so was his daughter. Looks like a dump inside and needs updating. It was very overpriced and there is better ice cream just across the street with nice people.

We were literally screamed at because the door was left open even though it was about 20 degrees hotter. The store then outside. No smiles here. Take your kids somewhere else.

3  Thank allmotorchick
There are newer reviews for Hawaiian Island Snow-Balls

Reviewed June 2, 2011

The older guy others speak of also served us, we're assuming he's the owner. This guy is the rudest person I've ever met running an ice cream store. We took a group of 14 into this establishment and spent almost $75 for $12 worth of ice cream. I'd expect to pay this much for ice cream out, but I'd also expect it with a smile. One would think this guy would be happy to have 14 people come into his shop and spend this much money. My brother asked for a sample spoon of one single flavor and you would think he asked this guy for a sample of every flavor. Do you and your family a favor and see the nice people across the street in the Scarborough Lane Shoppes. There are at least two ice cream shops in this center, one of which has homemade ice creams and gelato for roughly the same price. The lady in the Beach Day Cafe was beyond nice to us and offered us sample spoons of the different flavors without us even asking. There is another place across the street from Kitty Hawk Kites called Baldies Ice Cream that has very fair prices for ice cream out. We didn't stop in this place so I can't comment on service.

5  Thank 04xb12s
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We did not have a good experience at this ice cream stand. Every one in our large party who ordered the soft serve experienced "gastro-intestinal" upset. I was suspicious of the black specks in the ice cream and really wish I hadn't eaten it anyway. The place could do with a cleaning too, I must say.

3  Thank MOtraveler063
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Well- I love that place! Jeff is the reason People go there- and what place up the road a mile? There is no place even close that could even compare! This place is Great eats! Great surroundings- Great Personality! Jeff is the person they spoke of- He owns the place- The Person with the Poor rating- Obviously has something against this guy personally- They don't even have a real Identity!
I proudly say I am a Tried and true customer! AS Many Other Millions! We Love the place because of the taste and Jeff Him Self!
Thats my Word- It's GOOD!

1  Thank JayGraham09
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stopped for a sweet treat at Hawaiian Island Coffees & Ice Cream in Duck NC on the 23rd of July and witnessed the worker, an older man, talking to young kids like he was trying to 'pick a fight', being totally disrespectful and acting like he had the worst job! My friend asked what was in one of their shakes, and he replied 'it's just what it sounds like, it's not that hard to figure out' in an annoyed tone. 3 couples in line behind us all turned out and left without buying anything, I guarantee it was because of his attitude. Customer service is a huge factor to me when being out, and working in a cute little ice cream shop on the beach should reflect a fun upbeat attitude! Driving another mile up the road to the next ice cream shop is worth the service and won't turn your day into a downer!

5  Thank chennek