“The best we have experienced!”
Review of The Sanderling Spa

The Sanderling Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Duck
Richmond, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The best we have experienced!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife has gotten me addicted to a good massage and we try to book a spa, preferably a couples, whenever we travel. We booked the Soul Mate Retreat package that includes a 25 minute mineral soak followed by an 80 minute massage. The package was supposed to include lunch and a split of champagne but the resort is currently closed for a 5-month renovation. The Spa is remaining open and they reduced they price accordingly.

We had a late appointment (4PM), it was not crowded, this being the off-season. We were treated with Class A service from the beginning and even though it was late when we finished, the staff encouraged us to take out time and enjoy hot tea and snacks in the solarium followed by a soak in the steam room and a nice hot shower.

My wife says this was the best massage she has ever had. She also said she wished we could drive down every week to get another one. She has had a lipoma surgically removed from her back and it has been giving her issues ever since. After the massage she has had no pain for the rest of the week. I noticed that this was truly a therapeutic massage where my masseuse found tight muscles and umps she worked out while not making it hurt.

I tend to fall asleep with a really good massage and my wife makes fun of me because she will be laying there next to me waiting for me to start a quiet snoring. I was determined I was not going to do this, this time. She started to worry that my massage was not going well until I couldn't hold back and off I went!

I highly recommend this experience to any body,couple or single.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank AlanMartyMartin

candirn
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Thoughtful even during a flood”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited the Sanderling Spa on Monday 10/29/12. We wound up being their last clients of the day as they had to close. The road to Duck was flooding and employees needed to get home. Despite this they did not make us feel rushed or hurried. They did their best to make us feel welcome. My husband and I both enjoyed the spa and would recommend it to anyone staying in Duck or Corolla.

Visited October 2012
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“What to do in a hurricane”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We are visiting the outer banks during hurricane Sandy. The weather has been bad and a lot of attractions are closed. We called the Sanderling Spa and they got us reservations for a massage and facial. The setting was fantastic and the services impeccable. While pricey it is certainly worth it.

Visited October 2012
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“world class spa”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

we went for a special spa treatment and the therapists were very knowledgeable and the massage was most relaxing. the facilities were clean and comparable to ones i have gone to in resorts at the caribbean and asia.

Visited July 2012
NYC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Really get away from it all.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Excellent treatments from skilled, very warm, friendly staff. Couples massage was fantastic. Mani/pedi wasn't particularly special but the service was excellent. Yoga classes were great too, especially the sunrise class on the beach.

If staying at the Sanderling resport, make use of the spa each day! The steam room, locker rooms, relaxation areas, indoor pool and jacuzzi are available every day to guests.

Visited September 2012