“Outdoor seating for sunset was awesome”
Review of Aqua Restaurant

Aqua Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Duck
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 12 North
Description: The most beautiful restaurant in Duck, North Carolina, AQUA Restaurant offers fresh regional cuisine, exquisite wines and casual dining in an elegant waterfront setting on the Outer Banks. Enjoy a memorable meal, excellent service, great company, live music, amazing sunsets and superb waterfront views. It's a AQUA thing!
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very solid drink selection with helpful wait staff. The specials were outstanding...tuna. Did not stay for dessert but the selection was very good. One small request would be to wipe off all of the cobwebs around the seating area. Sorta bummed me out to have my legs constantly caught up in spider webs.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family was greeted warmly... the service was friendly... the food was great (bangin shrimp!!!!).
The atmosphere was top of the line... all seats had a nice view of the bay.
Live entertainment was soft and beachy.
A very nice way to spend a night... and my money!

Spa was nice... massage was deep tissue... done by a professional with hands (and elbows) of steel!
Over-all a great experience. I would go back... make it a part of my vacation for sure.

(oh yea... their lunch was affordable and very good too_

1  Thank John A
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Dine in or out, Aqua is "the" locale for sunset drinks or dinner. The menu is a bit pricey and limited but the service is good inside. Those choosing outside are treated with live music on the deck. Adirondack chairs for relaxing are located in the grassy area below at the waters edge.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have had our share of great dinners and lousy dinners at the Outer Banks and this one was mediocre at best, especially for the price. We made reservations and were promptly seated (there were of us), with a view of the sound. If the weath had been nicer, we could have sat outside with a view of the sunset on the sound, but the weather did not cooperate.
I can say the wait staff is efficient. Our waiter didn't seem to have much personality, and really was non attentive. The best thing I can say about the food was it came fast. We all got the soup either the crab or the special. The crab soup was too sweet and seemed to lack in the crab department. The tomato basil soup was quite good. The crab dip was incredibly rich and a bit gooey. I would say I would expect the same from the Red Lobster. Our dinners were just OK. We had dined at Elizabeth's earlier in the week and had a spectacular meal. The surf and turf were really mediocre and I had the clam and shrimp linguini with NC peas. There were way to many peas and not enough crab. The sauce was overpowering and way too creamy and again gooey for my tastes. I like lighter sauces and this one was heavy and rather tasteless. The people that ate the surf and turf said it was okay, no real taste to anything.
For the prices we paid which were similar to Elizabeth's the meal did not compare. What a disappointment!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Long wait, bad service by some of the staff.
Food is good but exoensive and portions are very small.

1  Thank Paula B