“Excellent Meal for 2 of Us”
Review of Aqua Restaurant

Aqua Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Duck
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 12 North
Description: The most beautiful restaurant in Duck, North Carolina, AQUA Restaurant offers fresh regional cuisine, exquisite wines and casual dining in an elegant waterfront setting on the Outer Banks. Enjoy a memorable meal, excellent service, great company, live music, amazing sunsets and superb waterfront views. It's a AQUA thing!
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our special night out. The service and the atmosphere were excellent. I had some of the best scallops I have ever eatten. 1 or our group had lamb shanks which he said were excellent. My husband said his pork chop was just okay and the other lady in our group had corn and crab soup which was way too sweet.I tried it and she was right - the oil in soup gave it a funny taste.

1  Thank Tennie S
There are newer reviews for Aqua Restaurant

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Aqua seems to suffer from an identity crisis. It's got the weathered charm of seaside cottage on the outside and the vibe of an upscale-urban-wannabe on the inside. The music was too loud in dining room to make conversation comfortable, and the tables were jammed too close together for comfort. Although the corn and crab chowder was excellent (along with the night's special grilled romaine salad), my entree was very disappointing. The waiter didn't even offer to address the issue when I brought the fish tasting "off" to his attention. For the price, it was disappointing all the way around -- service, food, and atmosphere. But the appetizers were good and the view of the sunset was spectacular, so now we know. Next time it's drinks and apps and sunset at Aqua and some other better bistro for dinner. (If you're looking for great dinner places in Duck try the Blue Point or Roadside Bar & Grill for MUCH better food!)

AQUAobx, Owner at Aqua Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. Your feedback has heightened our sensitivity to making sure ALL the courses are on point. Our fishmonger meets the boats in Wanchese Harbor then the fish are delivered right to Aqua. We can do better at listening in the moment to guest comments to ensure a positive experience for all. Sincerely, Lynette, Owner

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a fantastic meal at this soundfront restaurant. I was seated on the soundside deck overlooking the Currituck sound and was treated to a spectacular view of the sunset while dining on delicious fish tacos.

2  Thank travelwitch1
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I eat here every year on my annual trip to Duck, and this year's dinner was another wonderful experience. I had the fresh fish, and it was perfectly prepared in an innovative presentation. The food and service are always excellent here, and I highly recommend it!

1  Thank moondogg57
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had a celebration for my in-laws' wedding anniversary here. Reservations were easily made online, and the table was waiting for us when we arrived. They even gave us a nice complimentary drink for the occasion. That was the highlight of the evening. The rest of the night was just "meh." The tables were too close together, and the people next to us kept bashing their chairs into ours as they got in and out of their spaces. The noise level was atrocious - I couldn't hear what was being said at all by the servers or my family. Service was spotty at best. The food was good, but the same stuff that you find at every upscale restaurant in the Outer Banks. Very pricey. The view was lovely, but didn't make up for the low points.