“Worth a visit”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: none
Description: The Harvest Grill, located on the grounds of Shelton Vineyards, offers upscale dining with a bistro style atmosphere. The Harvest Grill has enclosed patio seating as well as an intimate dining room. Featuring a menu that our chef has deemed "sophisticated comfort food", the Harvest Grill has been awarded the Triple A three diamond rating for it's food, service and decor.
Reviewed June 19, 2010

A surprisingly fine restaurant in the North Carolina wine country. The food was very well prepared and presented. The service was very attentive. The view of the Shelton vineyard was delightful. Worth the time!

Reviewed February 4, 2010

My husband and I were recently in the Yadkin Valley on a wine tasting tour. We'd been told to definitely try Harvest Grill for either lunch or dinner while there. As it turned out, we ended up arriving at the restaurant about 20 minutes before they were stopping lunch service on a cold and blustery January afternoon. Luckily, they were happy to seat us (we were the only patrons in the restaurant) in a cozy yet spacious sun room, complete with a roaring fire and wonderful views of some of the Shelton Vineyard.
We each had a glass of wine; my husband tried Shelton's new release of Malbec (the waitress kindly poured an extra large amount since the bottle was about empty, anyway) and I had the Sauvignon Blanc. Both wines were very nice; we ended up buying a bottle of the Malbec the next day. I'm not sure if they had a full bar since we were only interested in wine that afternoon.
I found the menu very creative. I ended up ordering twin crab cakes crusted with cornmeal and served with a corn pudding and green bean medley. The crab cakes were accompanied by two sauces; a Creole mustard and Texas Pete (hot sauce) tarter. Very imaginative! My husband had the Bison meatloaf which came with a huge portion of egg noodles and spinach (his very favorite). He said it was very, very good. The only thing we were not offered was bread, which was actually okay with me since I'm always watching calories.
The service was efficient and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed eating our lunch while gazing out at the vineyards with the warmth of the fire at our backs.
Lunch for two, including the wine, was just over $55 (not including tip). Maybe a bit pricey, but, we definitely did not require dinner that evening!
We'll be sure to return the next time we are in the area!

1  Thank Empress5150
Reviewed November 6, 2009

This is a very nice restaurant. Rustic setting. Located near the winery. Surrounded by the winery's vineyard. Has a european feel to it. Staff is cordial.

1  Thank 82,146
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I visited the Harvest Grill in mid-July, when the temperature was about 90 degrees and opted for the "tasting menu." I discovered when I arrived at 4:30 that the 'tasting menu" was simply the lunch menu offered again from 3-5 p.m. My meal was uninteresting except for the delicious salad dressing, but the real problem was that the meal was served in an un-air-conditioned room rather than in their dining room. In late fall, this garden room might be pleasant, and the view of the garden and vineyard is lovely, but with the sliding doors opened, the temperature had to be at least 88. I ate my meal, such as it was (small salad, one scoop of chicken salad, and a croissant for about $15) as quickly as I could, but by the time I left, I was soaking wet with perspiration and headachy from the muggy, still heat. The Harvest Grill is a vineyard restaurant, but with such heat, the idea of drinking anything alcoholic was horrifying. The restaurant might be worth trying again in cool weather, but stay away from lunch and the "tasting menu" if the outside temperature is above 65!

2  Thank travelgal112
Reviewed February 17, 2009

My husband and I have dined at the Harvest Grill at Shelton Vineyards numerous times, and the Valentine's Day meal did not disappoint. Our reservation started out a little rocky with the wait staff still clearing tables well past our reservation time. However, when we were finally seated, we received a very nice table by the fireplace and near the live music.

Our server was very prompt and courteous. The food was excellent. We had the cheese plate and stuffed mushrooms for the first course, the shrimp bisque for the second course, I had the flounder in an olive and caper sauce and my husband had the steak which was cooked perfectly. We finished our dinner with bananas foster over ginger snap ice cream and a black and white chocolate torte. Everything was fabulous!

Thank you Harvest Grill for a wonderful Valentine's Day meal. We will return soon.

1  Thank pantherfan1

Been to Harvest Grill? Share your experiences!