“Excellent Day Trip”
Review of Harvest Grill

Harvest Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Dobson
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: none
Description: The Harvest Grill, located on the grounds of Shelton Vineyards, offers upscale dining with a bistro style atmosphere. The Harvest Grill has enclosed patio seating as well as an intimate dining room. Featuring a menu that our chef has deemed "sophisticated comfort food", the Harvest Grill has been awarded the Triple A three diamond rating for it's food, service and decor.
Weaverville, United States
“Excellent Day Trip”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is an excellent restaurant on the property of Shelton Vineyards. My wife and I have eaten here several times, most recently June, 2014, and it is always excellent. You can taste the Shelton wines by glass, bottle or flight. After you meal do go to the winery and take the tour!

• Visited June 2014

Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“Great Atmosphere and Service!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were in Dobson, NC on business and needed a place for a Faculty Dinner. Having not been to this area before, I looked at TripAdvisor and saw that this restaurant had excellent reviews. I called to make arrangements and spoke with a very helpful employee who took my reservations and gave me advice on how to get there.

We arrived just ahead of an unbelievable rain storm and while we sat on the glassed in patio, the rain thundered down and the lightning and thunder put on quite a show!

The atmosphere was quaint and inviting! The service was outstanding and our every wish was granted immediately by Meg! She was outstanding!! I loved the fact that, despite the storm, we could converse with each other without being drown out by conversations of other patrons.

The soup was hot and delicious! The meals were great although the crab cake was dry but the scallops were wonderful. The strawberry trifle was disappointing because the pound cake was very dry. The Coco Cream Brule was outstanding!

One wine was great but another was so so (Cabernet).

We will be back!

• Visited May 2014
EnniceNC
“Expected Better”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We visited Harvest Grill after a nice wine tasting and stroll at Shelton Vineyard. We had a good time and everything was very nice. So we thought dinner at the restaurant would be just as nice. However, we were disappointed. The restaurant staff were rushed and there was nothing special about the service. Our table was close to two other tables and the waiters all continued to squeeze between the chairs which was annoying. We asked 3 times before our rather large candle was lite. We ordered the meal with wine paring and there was no effort to make it special, just rushed. Where was the manager? Overall the food was very good but the lack of good service was a downer especially when the prices are steep.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank EnniceNC
Harvest G, General Manager at Harvest Grill, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
I was so sorry to hear of your recent visit to the Harvest Grill and your disappointment in your experience. I would certainly appreciate talking with you further to establish a bit more detail about the time, day etc. The last thing I want is for anyone to leave with a "bad taste in their mouth" for any part of the experience food or service. Please feel free to call me at your convenience. You can reach me at 336.366.3590. Ask for the Chef. Thank you in advance.
Danville, Virginia
“A gem we didn't expect to find”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were in Yadkin County for the funeral of a loved one. We went to another restaurant in the area that we'd found on tripadvisor, but when we discovered when we got there that it was closed for renovation. We had to drive another 20-25 minutes out of our way to get to Harvest Grill, but it was so worth it! As we pulled onto the property, the sun was hanging lazily just above the horizon, bathing the vineyards in golden light. A soft breeze set pink dogwood petals adrift across the lawn. We knew we were in the right place.

We'd arrived early for our reservation (made online - I love technology), but they got our table ready quickly. Once seated, we were greeted immediately by our server and her trainee. (It's been a couple of weeks, and I'm sorry to say I can't remember their names.) They spent the rest of the evening making us feel like the only people in the room.

The food was excellent. My dad had asparagus and mushroom risotto, wedge salad with blue cheese dressing, and the halibut entree. I had the scallop and crab cake entree. We ate every bite. The suggested wines were perfect pairings. We shared a creme brulee for dessert, and it, too, was delicious. Excellent coffee topped it off, and was much appreciated, as we had a two-hour drive home.

Given the opportunity, we'd definitely return.

• Visited April 2014
Chandler, Arizona
“Amazing place to eat.”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This place has it all. It is elegant, classy, romantic and worth the trip for a special. The food is excellent, the service is everything you would expect in a higher class fine dining establishment. It is pricy though. Not cheap but a great dining experience.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Harvest Grill? Share your experiences!