“Simply outstanding!”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: none
Description: The Harvest Grill, located on the grounds of Shelton Vineyards, offers upscale dining with a bistro style atmosphere. The Harvest Grill has enclosed patio seating as well as an intimate dining room. Featuring a menu that our chef has deemed "sophisticated comfort food", the Harvest Grill has been awarded the Triple A three diamond rating for it's food, service and decor.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

After a long morning and afternoon hiking in the nearby state parks, my wife, daughter & I retreated to Shelton Vineyards for a rest. We decided to give the Harvest Grill a try & it was simply AMAZING in every aspect.

Altho not inexpensive, the menu was diverse & accommodating. We practically had the place to ourselves. Our server treated us wonderfully, like we were the most important people in her day- excellent!

The food was beyond our wildest imagination. Fresh, interesting mix of locally/regionally grown/raised meats, fruits and veggie. I had the Low Country caeser salad & It was the best salad of my life. My wife ordered a fried chicken salad that was beyond explanation, as was my bacon burger. My daughters chicken tenders & fries were excellent also. We also did a wine selection of 5 different wines- NICE!!!

I know- it sounds like simple food but the choice of ingredients & preparation was simply superb. I cannot say enough good about this place. Even though we live in S. Florida, I would take a trip back to Dobson just to go there again- that's how good it was- a truly memorable meal when one was not expected.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

great food in a wonderful elegant place has a fireplace where thy burn real wood the menu changes every season. family friendly

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We first ate here when we stopped at the Hampton. At that time our choice was here, a Dairy Queen or drive to Mount Airy. We chose to dine here and were so pleasantly surprised. The food and service were supreme. We returned here many times while in the area and the only reason we didn't dine here that last time is that we wanted to try the newly opened Bella Vino when we were told the chef at the Harvest Grill had input at the new restaurant as well.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had a chicken/ravioli dish and husband had swordfish. Both dishes were tasty, but would choose another entree next time. Blueberry/blackberry cobbler was just o.k. A very nice restuarant and will give it another try when in this area.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I almost did not want to post this review because I am afraid this place will become so popular with travelers.We just dined there tonight after a 9 hour drive from Orlando on our way to Ohio.The grounds are beautiful...in fact we arrived a 6 PM and went straight to the restaurant before checking into the hotel ... I have to believe in Fall it would take your breath away.Of note..we got there at 6 PM but could not get a table till 7:30 so we went back to the hotel and checked in, had a chance to freshen up ,then had a wine sample at the wine bar.The staff of the restaurant is very attentive.The menu extensive.The food was fresh and vibrant.It was so much better than you could get at a chain restaurant.

Been to Harvest Grill? Share your experiences!