“Food is great, atmosphere is okay”
Review of Harvest Grill

Harvest Grill
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Dobson
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: none
Description: The Harvest Grill, located on the grounds of Shelton Vineyards, offers upscale dining with a bistro style atmosphere. The Harvest Grill has enclosed patio seating as well as an intimate dining room. Featuring a menu that our chef has deemed "sophisticated comfort food", the Harvest Grill has been awarded the Triple A three diamond rating for it's food, service and decor.
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We have dined here twice and both times the food was excellent. The atmosphere is just okay and the service was good. All in all we enjoyed our experience.

1  Thank 333kimberly
There are newer reviews for Harvest Grill

Reviewed March 18, 2012

My husband and I travel frequently between South Carolina and Harrisonburg, VA. When the timing is right we love to stop for lunch at The Harvest Grill on the grounds of Shelton Vineyards. Everything about the setting is just pleasant, no matter the time of year. We love Shelton wines and have "tasted" on many visits. The restaurant is definitely far and above any place off the highway. When we were there on Saturday March 17, 2012 we enjoyed another great lunch. We started with a glass of wine - I had the blend of Chard & Sauv. Blanc and my husband enjoyed the Cabernet Franc. My husband ordered the soup du jour - a shrimp and Tuscan white bean combination that was delicious. He also ordered the Black and Blue Steak sandwich which was delicious. I decided to try the Tricolor Sesame Seared Trout which our waitress said was the most requested item on the menu. For the first time I was really disappointed. I'm guessing it's the sauce that the trout is sitting on but something makes the dish very sweet and very spicy -overwhelmingly so - and I did not care for it at all. All was redeemed at dessert when we shared the Praline and Peanut Butter Mousse Cake and cappacinos. Yum!!! We will definitely return - we look forward to eating at the Harvest Grill and I'll just make another selection.

1  Thank Edie S
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I went to this restaurant for a friends birthday. It was a great time however I only give this restaurant 3 out of 5 because I feel like the food was too expensive for what it was.
The service was good and the place was warm and cozy since they had a fire place going.
I had a steak and it was cooked medium when I ordered medium rare but the rest of my meal was great. All the people I went with seemed content with their meals.
Obviously because this is located at Shelton vineyards they only have their wine, so if you don't drink wine be prepared to have no other options for alcohol.
We did not try the dessert so I can't comment on that.
Finally, we had a party of 13 and they sat us in 2 tables. I was not a fan of this, even though they knew we were coming with plenty of notice.
All in all... I would go back but perhaps not order the steak.

1  Thank powerchick
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Food was fitting of this special place. This Bistro is located just inside the gates of the Vineyard. Don't pass it up.

1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed February 4, 2012

My husband and I love the Harvest Grill! Casual upscale dining with excellent food. Chef Paul does a superb job of coming up with new, creative and delicious seasonal lunch and dinner menu items. We go every chance we get! Sit in the patio room by the fireplace for great ambience.

Been to Harvest Grill? Share your experiences!