“The whole package!”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: none
Description: The Harvest Grill, located on the grounds of Shelton Vineyards, offers upscale dining with a bistro style atmosphere. The Harvest Grill has enclosed patio seating as well as an intimate dining room. Featuring a menu that our chef has deemed "sophisticated comfort food", the Harvest Grill has been awarded the Triple A three diamond rating for it's food, service and decor.
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Good food, good wine, good service, beautiful view of the vineyard. Who could ask for anything more:)

Reviewed May 9, 2011

This was our second visit to the Harvest Grill and our third to Shelton Vineyards. We found the food delicious and interesting - Ginger Almond Crusted Chicken Salad was absolutely a delight in every bite! My husband said the BBQ Pork Ribs were the best he's ever tasted (one of his favorite dishes). We shared a peanut butter torte dessert that was out of this world! Our server seemed very well trained (timely and attentive) but stiff and unfriendly.

Our disappointment was with the wine prices. We ordered a bottle of Yadkin Valley Riesling. It was $17. The same wine sells just steps away in the wine/gift shop for $11.99. It is our experience in dining at other vineyard restaurants that wine prices are consistent with those of the winery/gift shop. Afterall, there is no choice - they only serve their wines - and clearly, the restaurant is there as an additional marketing tool for the vineyard. If we ever return, we will call ahead to check the wine prices or inquire about purchasing a bottle next door and bringing it over to the restaurant.

1  Thank LoveBandBs_8
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Harvest Grill sits on a hill at Shelton Vineyards and offers gorgeous sunset views. The food is just as spectacular, fresh and absolutely fabulous, which is surprising given that the restaurant is in the middle of nowhere. My spouse and I have dined at Harvest Grill multiple times over an annual weekend for the past couple of years, and we have never been disappointed. (It helps that the hotel shuttles restaurant goers to and fro, allowing for tasting of all the vineyard's wines.) The seafood is fresh and cooked to perfection (in the middle of nowhere of North Carolina, no where near the coast). The servings are not tiny--3 scallops in a big app and well-sized entrees. We are from Raleigh and Harvest Grill rivals any of the best in our area, including Bloomsbury, 2nd Empire, 18 Seaboard and even the Fearrington. We already can't wait for next year!

Reviewed February 28, 2011

We visited the Harvest Grill back in the fall right before Halloween. We enjoyed the free hayride tour of Shelton Vineyards and were ready to be wowed by the food as I had heard that it was expensive but wonderful. Our food was just so-so and average. We had reservations but they put us at a table with no view but there were tables close to the windows but they said they were reserved so I guess you had to be specific in your reservation but they never told me or asked me about that. Our lunch for two was over $60 and we didn't get anything but entrees and wine, no dessert or anything. I seriously doubt I will ever go back.

1  Thank vlohokie
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Located in Shelton Vineyards. Did the Valentine's Day 4 course special. The peppercorn filet mignon had a strong lemon flavor which overpowered the filet- could not taste the steak. The carmel, apple tart was too salty, yes, salty. Don't know if salt is a normal ingredient in a apple tart but it was there. The ambiance was very nice but smoke from the fireplace left our clothes smelling strongly of smoke and me with a headache. Cannot remember the last time I had a headache. After spending in the three figures for dinner for two, needless to say, we were disappointed.

4  Thank dekahs1x

Been to Harvest Grill? Share your experiences!