“Disappointing”

Depot Restaurant at Cody Creek
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Dobson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Service was horrible, food was just okay and the overall experience was poor. Should have sent food back for something else and asked for a different waitress.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank 1moresunset

DEVON
“Atmospheric and memorable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

We liked this place although like the Tardis was far bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside - it fitted in with our British image of the all American rustic frenetic scene. Ambiance was colourful and warming what with locals sat to the bar who were chatty and welcoming. Food is wholesome - nothing too memorable but the staff are super. Very busy.

Visited October 2011
Ruther Glen, Virginia
“Excellent service, excellent food and excellent place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

People drive miles to get to this place! The Bourbon steak we had was amazing. The salads were great. The waitress was friendly and attentive. This was definitely one of the highlights of our vacation trip. The price is very reasonable for the meal you get.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Debbie S
Aiken, South Carolina
“Nice Setting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nice rustic setting. food and service were average. Prices were in line.
Interesting place. Worth the stop once.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank cincyredsfan_10
Central Florida
“Nice Gem in North Central N.C.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Thank goodness, I wasnt the one driving to get to this very nice restaurant not far from I-77 in upstate North Carolina. It is near the town of Dobson, NC.
I was surprised on this Wednesday night with the number of reasonable specials and the extensive nature of the menu in general. Our host and I had one of the specials, it was bar-b-qued baby back ribs and grilled chicken. Both the meats were more than adequate
portions for anyone that was hungry. The ribs were very tasty and as normal, I asked for some Tabasco sauce. I never needed to use it. The chicken as well was tasty. The grilled taste was superb. I chose for my 2 sides, a baked potato and a side salad. Both of those choices proved to be excellent.
My wife chose the popcorn shrimp and was pleased but she didnt feel they were exceptional.
We chose to split a Mississippi Mud Cake for dessert. My wife, who knows southern desserts like this one said it was excellent. I was rather full and only had a few bites so I would defer to her for that opinion.
Our service was choice. We were catered to and taken care of very well. Beverage glasses were filled and our plates taken care of without our asking.
The atmosphere would be described as rustic. Casual dining that I woud say had the
right balance of charm and relaxed feel.

• Visited July 2011