“Nice Setting”

Depot Restaurant at Cody Creek
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Dobson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aiken, South Carolina
“Nice Setting”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nice rustic setting. food and service were average. Prices were in line.
Interesting place. Worth the stop once.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank cincyredsfan_10

Central Florida
“Nice Gem in North Central N.C.”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Thank goodness, I wasnt the one driving to get to this very nice restaurant not far from I-77 in upstate North Carolina. It is near the town of Dobson, NC.
I was surprised on this Wednesday night with the number of reasonable specials and the extensive nature of the menu in general. Our host and I had one of the specials, it was bar-b-qued baby back ribs and grilled chicken. Both the meats were more than adequate
portions for anyone that was hungry. The ribs were very tasty and as normal, I asked for some Tabasco sauce. I never needed to use it. The chicken as well was tasty. The grilled taste was superb. I chose for my 2 sides, a baked potato and a side salad. Both of those choices proved to be excellent.
My wife chose the popcorn shrimp and was pleased but she didnt feel they were exceptional.
We chose to split a Mississippi Mud Cake for dessert. My wife, who knows southern desserts like this one said it was excellent. I was rather full and only had a few bites so I would defer to her for that opinion.
Our service was choice. We were catered to and taken care of very well. Beverage glasses were filled and our plates taken care of without our asking.
The atmosphere would be described as rustic. Casual dining that I woud say had the
right balance of charm and relaxed feel.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank sponger303
Dinwiddie, Virginia
“Good food, great service, beautiful and reasonably priced.”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I think the success of the Depot at Cody Creek has to do with the fact that the owner and creator of this complex stands in the hall outside the bar, greets and seats guests. He cares and makes sure everyone has a good experience at his restaurant. I envision him poking his head into the kitchen as well, making sure things are running smoothly.

The food was good and despite the place being crazy busy, was brought in a timely fashion. The waitress was sweet. We loved the beer battered mushrooms. Good, real food in just the right proportions.

Mr. Snow went above and beyond good service to us. On a busy Saturday night our car broke down while at the Depot and between seating the crowd, he called a friend to come out and look at our car. The friend installed a new water pump right there in the parking lot on Sunday morning. He charged a very reasonable rate and we were on our way before noon. Amazing!

3 Thank Alisajls
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“More than we expected...”
Reviewed July 1, 2010

We found the Depot online, and gave it a shot. it proved to be a very good choice. Good atmosphere for a family with a young child, yet relaxing and comfortable. The food was excellent and the service was friendly. A bit confusing navigating several driveways on the way in and out, but that's minor - worth the work!

1 Thank Happyrocker
Tennessee
“Good spot!”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Okay, so I travel often with work, mostly through larger cities. I land in Dobson, NC and am looking for a spot for dinner and happen upon The Depot and was rather impressed. Usually in small towns the size of Dobson, you are hard pressed to find a fast food spot. The property that the restaurant sits on is impressive in itself, as it is quite expansive, the grounds are well kept and heck - there is even a covered bridge leading to the place and a working water wheel beside the restaurant! The restaurant is rather country, with wooden interior walls and an outdoorsy vibe. The wait staff is VERY friendly and courteous, which is again, unusual for a small town restaurant. The food is very mainstream - steaks, burgers, seafood and other standard fare. Nonetheless, the food is well prepared and exactly what you would expect. I too was surprised that they have a great beer selection and a rather extensive wine selection (albeit local wines). I asked the waitress how such a restaurant survives in such a small town and she pointed out the owner, who was getting a "thank you" and well wishes from almost everyone that walked out the door.

Bottom line, this is a spot that you don't come across often. Most small towns this size would struggle to keep a Wendy's open, much less a place such as this. Don't come expecting a 5* gourmet restaurant, but if you are in town, it is your best option and will pleasantly surprise!

6 Thank climbtosafety