“Just okay”

Carmine's Italian & Pizzeria Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This restaurant is located at I 77 beside the Hampton Inn that hosts the guests visiting Shelton Vineyards. The restaurant decor is very nice. It is rather new. I honestly was not impressed with the food, unfortunately. I had Eggplant Parmesan and it was soggy (not crispy) served with Fettucine w Marinara sauce. It was disappointing yet perhaps another choice would have been better. My husband had the special for the evening and he said it was okay but he was not overly impressed. The bread was unusual yet good. They did not bring the bread until they brought the entree. I prefer the bread to be served as something to satisfy appetite as I am waiting for my food. They give you one piece per person and if you wish for more you must request. The Marinara sauce was unremarkable & really needed some flavor/kick. Hopefully this will spur the restaurant into action as it has tons of potential considering its location and decor. I would not wish to discourage anyone from going but to encourage the restaurant to consider some changes.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had eaten at the previous resteraunt there and was very unimpressed, so my expectations weren't very high but hopeful. My scepticism was soon turned! From the time I entered the building to the time I left, I trully felt accomodated. The staff was incredibly friendly and you could tell focused on giving each customer the best dining service possible. Christy was wonderful, and my meal was absolutely amazing! On top of that, mike the owner, was interacting with the diners as if he had known them forever and some I had heard were never even there before! We left incredibly happy and frilly surprised at how wonderful our dinner was! We will definitly be back and I trully hope our experience will be no less amazing!!!!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Me and my beautiful girlfriend wanted a weekend get away.. I had recently been to a wine dinner in south carolina that was held by sheltons vinyards and so we decided it was the perfect place.
We got to the hotel somewhat late and scurried over to the restaurant next door. Carmine's. What a wonderful surprise. We sat out on the patio and had a wonderful waitress named noel serve us.. it was right at closing time but they made us feel that was no problem. We met two of the owners an artistic lovely blue haired woman named elizabeth and her husband mike. We ate like kings and made new friends that weekend.. the food was amazing.. and the company even better. We even went back the second night just to have a few drinks and appetizers. The owners where so personable and charismatic that we felt right at home. Cant express what an absolutley wonderful time we had!!! Hope to see you all again soon!!!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was welcome after driving all day - just a short walk to the restaurant. The food was average Italian; my husband likes Chicken Marsala and he said this offering was OK - good, but not great. I had chicken piccatta, which was also good - wines offered include all Shelton wines, the winery that is 2 miles from the restaurant.. There is a back story here: the construction company that built the restaurant and the Hampton Inn (and there is a wine bar in the Hampton Inn) used to be owned by the people who now own the Shelton Winery - they sold the construction business to the employees. So you can get it all in one package (hotel, site to visit and dinner) within 2 miles.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

First of all, being Italian myself, I rarely go to Italian restaurants...other than Carrabba's. Our son took us here while we were here on vacation and we were amazed at the quality of food that came out of their kitchen. From appetizers to dessert the food was absolutely wonderful. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful, especially since our waitress was in training, the professional staff was always there making sure we had a very good dining experience. The portions were large and the stuffed rigatoni with steak, shrimp and a pink sauce, was amazing. My only regret is that we have to wait until we come back again to eat here. Good job Carmine's.

1  Thank Arlene B