“Down hill”

Sue's Diner
Ranked #14 of 24 Restaurants in Dobson
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I used to eat here more than once a week but it went downhill. The wait time for the food was a long time and the food isn't consistently good any more. Haven't been back sense April.

1  Thank LeeCoe72

Reviewed June 4, 2014

If you're looking for some good down home country cooking, you'll probably do better eating at home. We stopped at Sue's on our way South on a Sunday afternoon about 1:15. We were seated after about a 15 minute wait. This is obviously a local hot spot. They lock the doors at 2pm and I noticed the meatloaf was being erased from the specials board. House specialty fried chicken with gravy (white meat only) and cubed steak with gravy were left. We ordered one of each and after what seemed like a long wait the food finally arrived. The chicken was dry and the cube steak tasted like they forgot to add any seasoning at all. The corn muffins were dry as a bone. My mashed potatoes and wife's fried squash were good. My guess is that the popularity of the place, at least on Sunday, is that the only other place we found open in the town was a Subway. My recommendation is when traveling on the Interstate and you see the Dobson exit-----keep on truckin'.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Place was dirty. Floors greasy and sticky and wood work is nasty. Flies in windows. My mother in law ordered 2 tacos. They rolled taco filing up like a burrito, cut it in half and called it 2 tacos!!! Everything I ate was out of a freezer bag. Service was ok. Nothing great.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were traveling and decided to give Sue's a try....this place would probably be good for locals. However, if you are traveling and looking for something decent to eat, this is not the place. The service was good, and the prices were great. The food was nothing short of disappointing.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Sue's is our go-to place for a plate breakfast instead of fast food biscuits. They have good and plenty southern breakfast fare for a decent price and the service is good, excellent if you get one of their breakfast waitresses. Your coffee cup is never empty and the food is simple home cooking.

Been to Sue's Diner? Share your experiences!