“A bit dissappointed”
Review of Jarrett House

Jarrett House
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Dillsboro
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Jarrett House in Western North Carolina was established in 1884 and is one of western North Carolina's oldest operating inns and is located in historic Dillsboro. Our beautiful bed and breakfast inn, boasts Victorian style furnishings in the guest rooms and a newly updated lobby for our guest to enjoy. This spectacular and historical southern inn is open May through November.The Jarrett House is easy walking distance from all of Dillsboro's attractions making this among the finest locations to spend your relaxing vacation.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stopped by for dinner on the advice of my cousin who had been here many times. It was their first night open after the winter. The building and the service were very pleasant and I very much enjoyed the ambience. The food, not so much. The vegetables were very overcooked. The beans were very soft, the corn was canned (I think) the pickled beets were just that pickled beetroot from a jar. The biscuits were very good. The chicken dissapointed me. It was all right. Tasty and plenty of it but, to be honest, I have had better in SOME KFCs.
The peach cobbler was nice but seriously sweet. Good coffee.
I enjoyed the experience and there was nothing actually wrong with the meal. I was underwhelmed.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A lot of food, served family style. Fried chicken is husband's favorite, altho I think I prefer the roast beef. It's all good. Go with an appetite. If you're watching calories, get gravy on the side...it's the real deal.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The food was good. But the service was slow. The waitress diden't even help us when my son spilled his drink.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We love the food at the Jarrett House. They simmer it and cook like Granny did. They don't just shake frozen stuff out of bags and pop it in the microwave. They start with real food and cook it so it tastes like Granny made it. The portions are huge, and the bowls are full. There is variety on the menu, and we like the fried chicken. The roast beef is out of this world, too. The numerous vegetables all come with the meal, and the biscuits are hot and fluffy.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

My recent visit to Jarrett House proved no exception, great food, great value and great experience in the 1884 historic inn. Their fried chicken is delicious as well as the home style vegetables served family style at your table. Don't miss a stop here when visiting!