“large rooms with a view”

Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dillsboro
Reviewed April 28, 2009

We only stayed 1 night at this hotel but we will certainly be back again. The rooms were very clean and larger than expected. We had a wonderful river view from our room and balcony. The front desk staff was friendly and the breakfast attendant was great. Breakfast starts at 6 am which helps when you need to hit the road. It is a full bufet with lots of packaged food you could take in the car if you don't have time to sit. The only complaints about the hotel is the walls are thin in the rooms, if you have neighbors you'll know it and the beds could be more firm. However for us the nice large room and the river view made up for it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank westcoastfloridagirl

Reviewed April 14, 2009

I just retured from a wonderful weekend at the hotel. My room was very clean and the breakfast attendant was wonderful. I normally travel here on business so this was my first leasure trip. The staff were very helpful with ideas of things to do in the area. Loved the waterfalls they recommended we hike.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mstravelsalot08
Reviewed September 2, 2008

This hotel was booked through the Great Smokey Mountain Railroad Company (GSMRRC) for a weekend trip for the family to ride the train with our children. When we woke up Monday morning the room and the bathroom was full of ants.

We quickly packed up and checked out.

When we pointed out the condition of the room, we were advised that the hotel wouldn't charge us for the room upgrade that we were given (we never were advised of this at check in or by the GSMRRC). We were told any complaint would have to be directed to the GSMRRC.

• Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank SCtraveler77
Reviewed July 28, 2008

My family stayed at this hotel in October 2007. We had a King Suite overlooking the river and it was a really nice, quaint hotel. There is very little to do in Dillsboro but we considered the $65 room rate a good deal for the location and view. My family is contemplating a ride on the Smoky Mountain Railway for this October and since it departs in Dillsboro we thought we might stay at this Best Western again. Imagine how shocked I was when I went to the web site and learned that, even with my government discount, the same room we paid $65 for last year is over $200 this year. I even went back and checked my credit card from last year as I coulnd't imagine that I remembered correctly when the price was so high this year. Needless to say, this is not a full-service hotel and I am unclear how they are justifying the HUGE price increase - over 3x's what it was last year. While I think it is a decent place to stay if I want to pay $200 for a room I can find a much nicer hotel with more amenities and a nicer view. I can stay at the Grove Park Inn for as much as this hotel is charging. Used to be a good deal but sadly this is no longer the case.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank travelkitty70
Reviewed July 10, 2008

The location is both great and terrible, great in that it is located directly near the river with a wonderful deck with old fashioned rocking chairs for enjoying. However we had our GPS and though it needs new maps downloaded we had no matches for the street address. Its tucked away and hidden, but it is new and certainly beautiful. The room was perfectly clean and so was the indoor pool, hot tub and fitness room. A little expensive but I would save my money and return given the opportunity. Our queen bed was very comfortable too. If your in Dillsboro give it a try...if you have a little patience and find it.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We have some wonderful days in the BW River Escape Inn & Suites.

The location is quite great and the staff very helpfull.
We booked a room without balcony but if we arrvied at the hotel we want a balcony. I ask at the reception if we can change the room. That was no problem and we get our balcony.

You can get all what you need at the breakfast and coffee all the time.

The beds are very comfortable and the room is very clean.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank stesib
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Nice, clean place to stay. Breakfasts were very good. People at the desk were very friendly. I am glad we had a nice place to stay because Dillsboro, NC is dead. There is really nothing to do in the town. I wanted to get away fom the crowds in Gatlinburg, but still have some shopping and stuff to do for the rest of the family when we were not on hikes. I think Cherokee would have been ideal.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillsboro
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sylva Dillsboro Area
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 6 in Sylva
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sylva-Western Carolina Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn

Been to Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!