“Beautiful location, Considerate Service”

Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dillsboro
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful location, Considerate Service”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Hotel: I grew up in this part of the country, and I think this hotel really takes advantage of the natural beauty of the region. It is right next to the river, so you interact with the river hearing its calming sound. The hotel is new, clean, modern, comfortable.

Location: Dillsboro is well situated to enjoy the region. Dillsboro itself is a cute, little town. It's next to Sylva, which is the county seat, and is surprisingly funky & progressive for such a small Appalachian town. Within 30 minutes are: Cherokee, Bryson City, the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Within an hour are: Asheville, Highlands, Lake Fontana.

Service: We booked a room in December, and were unable to make it due to bad weather. We should have called ahead, but didn't think of it due to our fatigue and weariness from the difficult travel. When told the hotel our situation the next day, they responded and took care of us. We are very impressed with their service and generosity.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the river. You can see during the day, and hear the river at night when you f...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Lexington, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on New Year's Eve. It was close enough to the Casino in Cherokee, that we drove ourselves. The breakfast was good, however it ended at 9:30 instead of 10. After a night out, it was difficult to get up and ready in time for breakfast. The river was beautiful. We had a great time, and will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Augusta, Ga, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

great location, room, staff, & view. We enjoyed our stay and Channing was very helpful and friendly. It was a beautiful place to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The inroom whirlpool garden tub was very nice and quite enjoyable. We look foreward to returning.

Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I recently took a romantic Christmas getaway in the Great Smokey Mountains. The Best Western River Escape Inn was fabulous! It was perfect! We had a river view, which is a must while staying at this hotel. Our balcony over looked the rolling river and the views were amazing! The little town of Dillsboro and Sylva are charming with lots of shopping and wonderful little cafe's, candy shops and more! It was a wonderful stay and the staff are very accommodating.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the river are the best!
United States
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Cleanliness is a top priority when I travel......this hotel met my expectations and standards. From the lobby to the room to the breakfast area, top notch! We loved the view and the sound of the rushing water outside our balcony room. The staff was very professional.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Faye D
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had a lovely stay at this hotel. The staff was very polite and helpful. The room we had was on the river side. We sat on our balcony and watched the river flowing by. It was so very peaceful. Just what we needed!. We were so pleased that we plan on staying at this hotel with friends next month. This place is a true find!

We

Room Tip: We had riverside which was WONDERFUL!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
United States
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I did not have a pleasant experience. Although I have stayed here twice before this time I wasn't pleased at all. While in the whirlpool a big glob of hair came out of the filter and than black particles starting shooting out of the jets. Although I cleaned the tub several times the black particles continued to keep coming out. And, we had to leave the night before checkout because the smell of someone smoking cigarettes was unbearable and gave my Fiance' a terrible headache. And, when I spoke with the manager the following day he all but called me a liar. I will never go back and stay again. I can get over the smell and the whirlpool because this problem can be fixed , but the managers attitude can't!!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwriverescape, General Manager at Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
First and foremost, we are very disappointed that your experience was not as expected. We pride ourselves on being “ahead of the curve” on levels of customer service, satisfaction, cleanliness, and exceeding your expectations so this seems to be an anomaly considering our commitment to a top class experience. I am sure you have taken a look at our other reviews, and even your past two experiences with our hotel, to determine that this is not the typical guest experience.

We were not notified of any issues until you came to checkout at 10:30pm on the second night. Had we known of ANY issues we would have been happy to have those resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. Our front desk agent on duty did offer to move you into another upgraded suite so that all of your issues would be resolved without having to leave unhappy. You declined that offer and told our agent that you were wanting to head home.

I am sorry that you felt I was anything less than respectful and understanding of your problems. I was simply trying to express that we would have done everything in our power to fix any issues had we been notified and given an opportunity to fix them. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and do enforce our non-smoking policy. As I explained we cannot control smokers outside, but we do have very strict policies for inside our establishment and designated smoking areas that are away from the hotel. We do not want any guest leaving feeling so disappointed with their stay - I hope you will accept my sincere apology that you had issues this time and will consider staying again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillsboro
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sylva Dillsboro Area
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 6 in Sylva
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sylva-Western Carolina Area
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Baymont Inn & Suites Cherokee Smoky Mountains

Been to Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!