“Our own little Eden in the Smokies”

Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dillsboro
Boston, Massachusetts
“Our own little Eden in the Smokies”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying here in a king-size jacuzzi room during a three-day, two-night weekend getaway. I had stayed here once before while driving a professional mototcoach for the Citadel Bulldogs men's baseball team. The staff here were all exceptional helpful in helping us to locate a few different attractions in the near vicinity. Each morning, prior to my wife awakening, I opened the balcony door to the sound of rushing river water passing by our room. We could sit out on the balcony as kayaks drafted by or go downstairs to the large open porch. Though a bit small, I worked out in the hotel exercise room twice during our stay. This hotel has an indoor pool and indoor hot tub to just sit in and relax. The suite we rented was rather large with a comfortable king- size bed, two-person jacuzzi, and comfortable sitting area. Each morning, a hot breakfast was served. Especially helpful during our stay was Carly and one other male desk clerk who was there to tend to our needs the whole weekend. Dillsboro tand Sylva are quaint and relaxing little municipalities to sit back and take in. Fifteen minutes away is the Cherokee Indian Reservation. Twenty minutes away is Bryson City, home to the Great Smokey Mountains Railroad. If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend that you come stay for a while! It may just become your first choice of hotels to stay at whenever you're in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank TillettMD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Up for a long weekend from North GA with the fam. Super clean and updated, exceedingly friendly staff. Right on the river, close to everything (<15 minute (easy) drive to Cherokee). Paid less than $100/nite for Sat & Sun nite stay...cant beat it! Will return before summer is out :)

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have to give this BW an excellent rating. It's not the Ritz but it can hold it's own. We needed somewhere fairly close to Western Carolina for baseball and I stumbled across this on TripAd. The ratings intrigued me and they couldn't have been more right. The hotel is nice and clean. The location is idyllic, right on the river. The rate was very reasonable. Were this a Hilton property (my hotel of choice), it probably would have been $50 more. The town of Sylva near by has some good eateries and the staff was friendly and proficient. You cannot enter the building from the sides but only through the front after 10pm, a security feature I've not seen at any other hotel. I stay at hotels and chains that I know deliver a consistent product and have not stayed at a BW in probably 20 years. This is one that I will make every effort to get back to.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10-15 for a room on the river side, 2nd or 3rd floor. You are literally 20 feet from...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 2BEis2SKI
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Nestled on a back road in Dillsboro NC is this Hidden Treasure. My sister and I have taken our mother to this BW River Escape for several years now. When we ask about her summer trip, this is always her choice. We love the rockers on the river, great rooms, excellent breakfast and really conscientious staff.

On our last trip, Mom lost her wedding band during the night. She has lost weight due to health issues. On our way out of town she noticed that her ring was not on her finger. I immediately called BW River Escape. When we returned Megan had the ring in her hand. She personally went to the room and found the ring for us. They had checked the laundry, under the bed, and in the breakfast area. What a great effort for my Mom's personal need.

Several families have stayed there on our suggestion. Try it out; you won't be disappointed.
Gail in Rome, GA

Room Tip: We enjoy getting a room on the river side.
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Gail30165
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I must admit I never stay in Best Western hotels in my area because they are always run down older hotels. This is the first Best Western that I can say I would recommend to my friends. The hotel is located in a quiet area of town. Free breakfast is included and the rates are very moderate. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: I would request a balcony room on the 2nd or 3rd floor for a great view of the river. Leave door ope...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank NCFunFamily
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The property is on the other side of the railroad tracks: literally!!! What a pleasant and peaceful place. You can heard the soothing water from balconies or from the back deck area. It was a pleasure to spend a night here. Very clean hotel and the staff was helpful and personable. I will definently stay here in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pat c
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I started started staying at River Escape when our son was at Western Caroina University. We have been known to drive our 7 hour drive just for a 2 day stay. It is a fantastic place to relax and destress! The view is awesome, the service is great, the rooms are clean and decorated very nice and the staff is so helpful!

We can't wait to get back there for another "mountain fix"!

Room Tip: The river view is fantastic!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank camcarz1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillsboro
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sylva Dillsboro Area
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 6 in Sylva
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sylva-Western Carolina Area
Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Cherokee Smoky Mountains

Been to Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!