“horrible service and rude owner”

Kostas Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Dillsboro
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2013

upon arrival owner rudely announced loudly we could sit on the porch, but didn't explain it was heated. the waitress did. It was raining and 25 degrees. We were treated like "the forgotten ones" and after we ate, I went to find our waitress to get to bill, since it had been 15-20 minutes since we requested it. I couldn't see her, so I asked another waitress to locate her, there she was hugging and chatting with a group of "her friends" that were paying their bill ! She had another tables food in her hand so our bill was NOT her primary goal to return it. On checking out, I said something to the owner and he ignored me! I think if you're a local you're ok. Also, on the porch the ceiling heaters were adjacent to the location of the expansion of the old roof to the new roof, it had a constant leak. I said something to the waitress about a safety hazard and she said the owner "knows about it" . The leak ran the entire length of the porch.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Place smelled funny. Menu had a little of everything; too much to be good at all of them. Probably should just focus on a few Greek dishes. My Greek salad with grilled chicken was good but my husband got some kind of spaghetti with tomato sauce and sausage. It was weird. I don't recommend this place.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My biggest problem with Kostas is that I'm stuck - I always order the gyro platter with the Greek salad! It's just the best I've ever had.... We took out of town guests this visit, and they ordered the carrot cake for desert (I'm just a chocoholic, so never tried it) absolutely amazing! One word of caution - either skip the meal and jump to the carrot cake alone, or make sure several of you are helping - it's huge!!!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We ate lunch here and really liked the variety of things to choose from. It was very busy and the service was still great. Burger and fries was very good. I would def eat here again. Try it! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Variety of good food to choose from, delicious desserts!
Friendly Owner visited with us since it was a slow mid-afternoon visit. We usually stop in every year when we visit.