“dillsboro nc”

The Dillsboro Chocolate Factory
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Dillsboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the Dillsboro Chocolate Factory. We have been making fine chocolates since 1998. We have two store, our main store located in Dillsboro, NC. We offer hand dipped gourmet chocolates, our award winning shooters with a hint of alcohol in each chocolate, our Smoky Mountain Truffle line, Smoky Mountain Fudge with over 22 flavors on hand as well as offer a complete espresso bar, coffee beans. We have a nice selection of jerky products. We offer gourmet cupcakes and cake pops made by LeDocie Vita in Bryson City using our own single bean chocolate. These cupcakes are amazing. We have a selection of teas, Smoky Mountain gifts and free wi-fi to our guests.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

dillsboro was a wonderful place to visit.I went on my birthday and had a grand time . If shopping in historical buildings is your thing then you will love this quaint little town. Primitive and unique you will love walking around.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Chocolate! chocolate! And more Chocolate!! Oh, and some coffees and other stuff too, but we went for the CHOCOLATE!! And, we were not disappointed .....even had a carrot cake flavored fudge...chocolate with sea salt, a caramel, white chocolate and pecans.....very much worth the visit...

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Fantastic range of products, free taste samples, coffee shop and friendly helpful staff. Chocolate and fudge very tasty.

1  Thank Tim K
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We drove out of the way to get here. Called to get their hours to make sure they would be open. They close at 6. Even the sign states that out front. We arrived at 505. We walked in and the young lady looked at me and said uh were closed. I responded what about the sign. She said sorry in a rude voice re affirming they are closed. Disappointed kids. What a joke. I wouldn't recommend this place to a dog.

4  Thank gagoatheader
smokybob, Owner at The Dillsboro Chocolate Factory, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

We are truly sorry for the way our crew handled this situation. In April we put out a memo via text to our crew about expanding our Friday and Saturday hours. The young woman working on the 12th was getting back to work with us as she is in college. She did not get our message about expanded hours. We will use this experience as a teachable momment. If we are about to close and somebody walks up, we need to serve them. Period. I suspect she counted the drawer out on the computer point of sale system and maybe even settled the credit card machine for the day too. This causes accounting head aches to conduct business after all that has been done. So she was thinking how to run the place from a techical perspective, but in doing so she missed the opportunity to serve a guest.

We are all about great chocolate and great service. I can not apologize enough for this event. I will say though we now carry organic dog treats from Smoky Mountain Dog Bakery made right here in the Smokies and we even put a bowl out for our four legged guest to drink from as well. I welcome this guest to come back and I am sure we can make it right with our service and chocolates and dog treats too.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Many repeat visits and the chocolate is great. Fudge is very good as well. The sea-salt chocolate is wonderful. Many items to pick from and good coffee. Friendly staff, mostly kids from the local college. Chocolate is the star, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank William S