All reviewslake normanfront deskputting greengreat hotelcollege townfull kitchenwedding guestssmall kitchentwo bedroom suiteliving areahome away from homecomplimentary breakfastshort driveconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againi highly recommend this hotelcharlotte area
Reviewed November 14, 2017

We arrived after an11 hour drive for a family wedding. Check in was fast and friendly. The hotel was extremely quiet and room very clean and comfortable. Breakfast had a nice variety and we were very surprised to see a bowl of fresh cut up fruit.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2017

Was traveling with an employee of mine - my client booked the room for us and instead of booking us in one room (we are buds - would not be a problem), they booked two rooms. When I checked in and we went up to our room, we found one kind sized bed. Now, we are buds but we aren't THAT close :-)

So, I called down saying there must be some mistake but they insisted I was in that room. I asked if we could move to a different room and the guy said there was nothing available and nothing they could do. He said "lucky you've got a sleeper sofa for your buddy". Grrrrr....

My employee wasn't happy but agreed to take the sleeper sofa.

Based on the traffic in the lobby and the next day at breakfast, there is NO WAY they were booked. They might have had a floor closed or something but I can't believe they were fully booked.

Once we arrived at our client's the next day (after checkout) they said "well of course we booked two rooms for you"... I said "I hope you don't have to pay the $140 for the empty room" - I'm sure they will.

So we tried to save our client money and instead cost my employee a poor sleeping experience. Sure, perhaps this is partly my fault for not even thinking that that is what happened but frankly, Homewood should have known they had two rooms being paid for by the same company... or next to each other or something.

The shower had a big rectangle cut out in the drywall in the ceiling that was patched very poorly (my child could do a better job mudding that)... obviously from a leak on the floor above - which is probably still leaking as there was obvious mold on the ceiling panel.

The breakfast was GREAT, the woman at the front desk was GREAT, the women staffing the breakfast area were GREAT. The bartender in the evening was GREAT. I'm supposed to be traveling there twice a year now, we'll see if I continue to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott G
Reviewed November 7, 2017

Our wedding party all stayed here & the staff was always attentive & friendly. They remembered us and asked how we were. It was as though we were in a bed & breakfast rather than a large hotel. We would definitely stay here again if in the area!!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2017

Hotel was old, noisy, needs updating! Definitely not worth the money we paid for this hotel! The social evening was nice as was the service, but that was all. No one at the front desk in the morning to check out or file a complaint!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2017

We stayed at this hotel for a business meeting. Overall the hotel is great just a bit outdated in the rooms. Meeting room was a bit tight for our group. Great location near restaurants and easy on and off the highway.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business