“Astrid's Awesome Breakfast”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Davidson
Mesquite, United States
“Astrid's Awesome Breakfast”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

One morning I asked Astrid Carty (morning cook) what was on the menu the nest day. She indicated that grits would be on the menu. I asked if gravy would be and she originally said no. I told her my wife was craving grits and gravy and she made that happen for my wife. Not only that, but according to my wife, the grits were the best she had ever eaten. Astrid was a prime example of what all customer facing employees should strive to be like. You can bet the next time I am in Davidson for work or pleasure I will make sure Astrid's breakfast is on the itinerary!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
North Carolina
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Finally, the hotel has woke up and decided to stop price gouging people. Since November of 2012 the room prices of this hotel moved from $98 to over $161 for the same room and same service. It has now dropped back to at least 107 for seniors. Thank you because I love the hotel but could not handle the price challenges. I was forced to stay at the Hilton Garden some 15 minutes away for far less.

Since I am in Davidson monthly, I hope they keep the price reasonable because it is a good hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Virginia, USA
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there as family (teenage son). Clean room and friendly staff. Good breakfast selection. Two complaints:

- We booked a King Suite, which has a separate living area with a sofa bed. The bedroom is very compact, and the living room is just large enough for the sofa bed - once open, there is just a couple of inches left around it (to reach the curtains or the window AC unit, for example).

- There are two air conditioning units, one under each window, and they are controlled separately. But they are very noisy. Tried turning them off but massive amounts of cold air leak from them, so it wasn't a good night's sleep. Plus the bed wasn't very comfortable.

Stayed January 2014
Noth Carolina
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have a business client in Davidson and always stay at the Homewood Suites when I travel there. I've always had a very positive experience there. Rooms are spacious and bed is very comfortable. Rooms are also very clean and maid service is terrific. In fact, sometimes the maid service is too good. One time I had used a bar of soap once in the shower and I noticed the next day it was gone and had been replaced by another new box of soap by the sink. My last visit there (January 2014) the hotel offered a complimentary dinner from 5-7pm. Wow! That was a new one for me; I had never stayed at a place that offered a dinner included. I tried it once when I did not want to go out and it was OK - Salisbury steak, baked potato and corn on the cob. Not a gourmet delight, but not bad. For alternatives, there's a Subway and an Asian place right across the street. Other places in Davidson are a short drive away. One morning I asked the front desk about arranging a taxi for some colleagues of mine to our worksite and once they knew where it was, they volunteered to take them there in the hotel shuttle. YAY! Staff are very friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. The hotel would get all five circles if they had a better breakfast buffet. Other than that, it's first rate!!

Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Really quiet hotel with huge suite style rooms with full kitchens in beautiful Davidson, NC. Room 314 was extremely quiet and very clean. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was included and delicious. The hotel is very convenient to I-77.

Tonawanda, NY, United States
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My stay there has always been very good! Not only is the condition of the hotel and my suite clean and comfortable but the staff is always welcoming and friendly and very helpful. I work at a hotel and I know that the way a staff interacts indicates much about the hotel and the management!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Davidson, NC, United States
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The hotel is clean, serves great breakfast, has a good workout room, and it it quiet. Internet was fast, good cable service. Staff was courteous and helpful. Location to my employer was perfect. Very easy to find off the interstate.

Thank Debra A. H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davidson
Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Cornelius
Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte / Mooresville
Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Davidson? Share your experiences!