“Very close to NY Pizza”

Fuel Pizza
Ranked #23 of 39 Restaurants in Davidson
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 23, 2017

If you're from NY or NJ like me, you'll be very frustrated with pizza in the South. Fuel is the place I've found that gets it closest to NY style as long as I ask for it "light on the sauce and light on the cheese". The crust isn't perfect (my husband says it's a little too "doughy" compared to true NY crust), but I like it - a fairly thin crust, stiff enough that a slice doesn't droop when held with one hand. They use fresh mushrooms (not the canned squishy rubbery ones), sliced sausage (not the rabbit pellet sausage), and chopped spinach (as opposed to many places now that lay 3 baby spinach leaves on top of a pizza and call that a "spinach pizza"). Megan made our pizza and it was perfect!!!

Reviewed October 15, 2016 via mobile

One of the best pizza pies ever! Unique blend of favors...enjoyed the experience of dining in a "gas" station!

Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

I visited Fuel while visiting friends. This was my second visit. The atmosphere is family friendly and fun with kind of folksy car decor. I had wings on both of my visits. They were good and fairly priced. Good place to take family and friends.

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

By far one of the coolest casual places to eat outside. Owner definetly takes pride in keeping his customers happy. Pizza was great, beer was cold and felt like I was at home.

1  Thank George Y
Reviewed August 9, 2016

Decided to branch out and try the Aloha Pizza this time, and it was AMAZING. It's got a honey sauce, really good piece of ham, pineapple, and jalapeno peppers. This is the best Hawaiian pizza I've ever had, and my sister and I are still trying to replicate it. Give it a try if you go in! I've always loved coming to Fuel Pizza when I visit family, and will continue to come back.