“Great dinner choice”
Review of Restaurant X

Restaurant X
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant X is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 36 Restaurants in Davidson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Just down from the heartbeat of downtown Davidson lies this gem of a restaurant. Get there early for an outside seat on the cozy porch. Had the best sea bass dish ever at this wonderful restaurant. Don't overlook because of the name.

2  Thank Lightweight42
There are newer reviews for Restaurant X

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We travel a lot and have had the opportunity to eat in a number of nice restaurants. Restaurant X is one of the best we've experienced. The menu is not extensive but rather has a very nice selection of savory dishes. It was hard to make a choice. The spring roll appetizer was outstanding as well as the chicken and spinach soup. Our main courses were all excellent; it's hard to say which one was the best. The one word of caution - keep room for desert. Their desert items are wonderful. I especially recommend the pancake apple ice cream wrap. O M G!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is always great and the service is always friendly. Lots of different menu choices and very nice wine selections.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Small, intimate, and romantic are adjectives to describe this little gem in Davidson, NC. Of course, we saw families as well as friends dining around us. But, Restaurant X was the perfect date night for us. All staff were friendly, inviting, and helpful. At this time of year one can dine inside, outside, or on the porch. We chose to be inside. We enjoyed shrimp spring rolls as our appetizer followed by the special of pan roasted wahoo fish with potatoes and asparagus. For dessert we shared the raspberry creme brûlée. Yum! The menu is diverse in terms of meat and fish selections. A vegan menu is available upon request. There is a kids' friendly menu too. The wine and beer selections are impressive. This was our second visit to Restaurant X, and we will come again.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I met two old friends and we had dinner at Restaurant X in Davidson. They were excited to go because they had stopped by a couple of times before to try it but without reservations and the wait was too long. They made reservations this time and we sat down about 6:30. It was probably a good idea because by 7:30 the place was full. You can dine in three areas: inside with air conditioning, outside but in an enclosed and roofed area, or in a patio area under the open stars. We chose the second area and did not regret it. April in Davidson is typically nice and the the temperature and fresh air were pleasant. There was a swordfish special that evening which I had as well as one of my friends. My other friend ordered the beef brisket. We had fried potato appetizer which were thin slices of potatoes deep fried with a salsa and blue cheese sauce drizzled on top. Not bad but nothing really unusual. My swordfish was tasty and fresh served over a bed of mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach. I had not had swordfish in some time and it was quite good. My friend's beef brisket was tender and juicy. Both entrees got an A. I don't usually order dessert but was tempted by the peanut butter and chocolate pie, which was delicious. I ate every bite. Service was fast, attentive and pleasant. Not cheap but not expensive. I usually have wine with dinner but chose a Guiness instead which was perfect. If you are looking for a good meal in Davidson, I don't think you will go wrong here, just call in advance or come after 8:30.