“Always delicious and friendly”
Review of Restaurant X

Restaurant X
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant X is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 35 Restaurants in Davidson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Davidson, North Carolina
“Always delicious and friendly”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is always great and the service is always friendly. Lots of different menu choices and very nice wine selections.

Visited February 2014

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Perfect date night”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Small, intimate, and romantic are adjectives to describe this little gem in Davidson, NC. Of course, we saw families as well as friends dining around us. But, Restaurant X was the perfect date night for us. All staff were friendly, inviting, and helpful. At this time of year one can dine inside, outside, or on the porch. We chose to be inside. We enjoyed shrimp spring rolls as our appetizer followed by the special of pan roasted wahoo fish with potatoes and asparagus. For dessert we shared the raspberry creme brûlée. Yum! The menu is diverse in terms of meat and fish selections. A vegan menu is available upon request. There is a kids' friendly menu too. The wine and beer selections are impressive. This was our second visit to Restaurant X, and we will come again.

• Visited April 2014
Noth Carolina
“Good food in Davidson”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I met two old friends and we had dinner at Restaurant X in Davidson. They were excited to go because they had stopped by a couple of times before to try it but without reservations and the wait was too long. They made reservations this time and we sat down about 6:30. It was probably a good idea because by 7:30 the place was full. You can dine in three areas: inside with air conditioning, outside but in an enclosed and roofed area, or in a patio area under the open stars. We chose the second area and did not regret it. April in Davidson is typically nice and the the temperature and fresh air were pleasant. There was a swordfish special that evening which I had as well as one of my friends. My other friend ordered the beef brisket. We had fried potato appetizer which were thin slices of potatoes deep fried with a salsa and blue cheese sauce drizzled on top. Not bad but nothing really unusual. My swordfish was tasty and fresh served over a bed of mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach. I had not had swordfish in some time and it was quite good. My friend's beef brisket was tender and juicy. Both entrees got an A. I don't usually order dessert but was tempted by the peanut butter and chocolate pie, which was delicious. I ate every bite. Service was fast, attentive and pleasant. Not cheap but not expensive. I usually have wine with dinner but chose a Guiness instead which was perfect. If you are looking for a good meal in Davidson, I don't think you will go wrong here, just call in advance or come after 8:30.

• Visited April 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Surprise! In a nice way ...”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

From its unassuming and humbling exterior, we weren't quite sure what to expect. However, once inside, the "vibe" hits you and the place just plain has good energy. While the space is small, somehow, they make it work -- we didn't feel crowded at all. Wait staff were attentive and knowledgeable and helped with recommendations. Dinner for four with appetizers and two shared desserts exceeded our expectations. All of our entrees were prepared with a special presentation and we passed plates and shared, so I can attest to each and every one being as good or better than the next. Wine list was respectable and overall the experience was great. I would recommend it as a must stop if you are in Davidson and plan to try it for brunch next time we are in town. Thumbs up to a great place!

• Visited March 2014
Davidson, North Carolina
“One of my local favorites.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Not too much space at this place; but they make up for it with food quality. Pleasant staff, very good service and food. Cost is comparable to others of this quality. Ambience is not the greatest but the overall experience is very good.

• Visited October 2013