“Nice Venue and Good Service”
Review of Toast Cafe

Toast Cafe
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Davidson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: High end Breakfast, Lunch and Brunch without the high end prices!
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had business lunch today. This was my first visit to Toast Café. Toast is located in downtown Davidson across from the campus. You can sit out front on main street, inside where it is an inviting fun environment with a bar or outside out back. We sat out back because inside it was crowded with a large lunch time crowd (somewhat noisy). I enjoyed a chef salad with a cup of soup. It was very good, the service was prompt and our waiter had a very pleasant attitude. I would recommend and plan to visit again soon, perhaps for dinner. The lunch menu offered a variety of sandwiches, crepes with several specials of the day.

1  Thank MarkS719

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I love pancakes and I took a 700 miles drive a week ago to get Toast's raspberry walnut cakes. Mouth watering! Well, we did come to Davidson for other reasons, but Toast is a real treat. Always busy, lots of seating, friendly staff and excellent food choices (if you're willing to forgo the pancakes).

1  Thank ChipD58
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Traveling for business and wanted a nice salad and place to relax near campus. Toast Cafe was perfect! Food was fresh and service was great.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

September 27, 2013: This was my first visit to the Davidson location. I had dined with Brian at his original location in Huntersville with my co-workers many times! Always excellent food so I was expecting the same at the Davidson location and was not disappointed in the food! We arrived just before the 6 p.m. rush to an almost empty restaurant and was greeted and seated quickly. I was excited about the 3 course dinner menu. We ordered water to drink and that seems to be where things took a turn. Everyone seemed miffed that we were not ordering from the bar. Our waiter took our order and then we noticed the place started to come alive. We remarked to each other how fast the place filled up. We never saw our waiter again. It seems he was working a different section and we noticed that another guy (very aloof and apparently late) was covering the area we were seated in. We finished our 1st and 2nd course but no one seemed to notice us sitting there at an empty table for like 20 minutes with no water and no dessert. Finally I was able to get our original waiter's attention and he came over and I asked if he had forgotten about us. He said "WHAT?" and I asked for more water and our dessert. I could tell he was overly stressed because of his other section but Mr. Aloof was not going to help him out. It just seemed like this was their first night being opened and they had not gotten all the kinks worked out but they've been opened for years. I was really shocked because all the other reviews mention how good both the food and service are. I feel that I'm one of the easiest people to wait on, but feel that this time something went wrong and I don't understand why? I guess its a good thing I can't read lips because the two waiters had something to say about me. I personally will not be back and I know I'm only a party of two and will not be missed but Brian I expected more from you and more for my $46.

1  Thank LakeNormanguy
brian b, Owner at Toast Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Lake Norman Guy,
Please allow me to apologize for your experience at Toast. I am shocked at what you describe. If you know me, you know that this is NOT how we operate at Toast. I will definitely be getting to the bottom of this to ensure this kind of behavior never happens again. Please allow me to send you something in the mail and try to regain your confidence back in Toast my direct e-mail is burchill.brian@gmail.com . I would love to possibly get more info regarding your experience, as this can not happen at my restaurant. I hope to hear from you and would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. Once again, please except my apologizes. Thank you
Brian Burchill
Toast cafe

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We visited here and had a great breakfast. They offer a wide selection of breakfast foods. The food was served remarkably fast and the wait staff was extremely attentive.