“Horrible experience”

Cuisines: American
Description: 252-453-0912
Description: 252-453-0912
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I saw this place and thought it looked like a cute place to take the kids out for lunch during our vacation. Wrong! The food and beverages were disappointing and the service was negative, even downright hostile by the owner. We ordered sandwiches and drinks. The kids didn't like the orange juice and my wife tried it and said it tasted off. The tuna sandwiches we got for the kids were not like tuna that the kids are used to. I asked the girl at the counter if it was some other non-tuna salad by mistake. She said no their tuna salad is made from fresh tuna steaks not pre-cooked canned tuna and asked if I wanted to talk to the owner. I said that wouldn't be necessary as i was satisfied with the explanation. The owner then came out to our table a few minutes later anyway and started aggressively questioning us. I tried to explain that we had asked about the tuna but were satisfied with the explanation we had already received. She said she heard we had other complaints as well, and I said it was just the kids wouldn't drink the orange juice and my wife told her it tasted funky. The owner then got very uptight and said it's organic like that proves there's no way it's spoiled. She then gives us a sarcastic comment about hoping we enjoy ourselves --- as in time to go elsewhere. My wife said she didn't feel welcome there anymore so we packed the kids up to leave. I thought I really should say something -- we had spent more than $50 and were being treated like an annoyance. So I went back to the door and the owner came out and I told her that I felt she was coming on unnecessarily strong and we were her customers after all, but were made to feel unwelcome and won't be coming back. She then went redfaced and raised her voice told me "go to the beach sir." It was really a bad experience and I'm writing this review to alert others who come down to the Outer Banks NC for a well deserved vacation and respite. Avoid Lovie's Kitchen Table. This place looks cute but they treat their customers like an intrusion. There's no love at Lovie's.

4  Thank C L