“terrible service,”

$89.95*
Flame Azalea and Fern Forest Combo Horseback Trail Ride
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Cullowhee
More attraction details
Owner description: Arrowmont has one of the best trail ride programs in the SE, maybe even the country. You ride breathtakingly beautiful trails with majestic mountain top views, a picturesque valley with creeks & streams, and cool fern forests.
Clarkesville, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“terrible service,”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

New Year Days, told rides to start at 2 pm, by 3 pm still waiting for some late folks to arrive, when they did workers had no horse for us and made no attempt to even be nice. In addition we had to pay up front, they added a 20% tip, that's right,
and when we told them we were the first there the became rude to us.
We had to fight and call credit card company to get our $289 back.
There are many, many other stables within the area and we ride regularly.
Arrowmont Stable is the only place I would never ride but would run away from.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank Ken B
Arrowmont_Stables, Owner at Arrowmont Stables, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Ken,

I'm terribly sorry you didn't enjoy your time at Arrowmont and I thank you for taking the opportunity to let us know. When guests call we do explain there is a safety program before going on the trail which takes 25-30 minutes plus an opportunity to try your horse out in the ring. So there is about 45 minutes of time before you actually start your trail ride. We try to make this clear on the phone.

I'm sorry you and your wife weren't the first to be mounted on your horses. You should have been. Your horses definitely were there.

When I saw you in your car, I immediately came over to see what happened. Upon learning of your displeasure, I immediately agreed to return your money. It doesn't profit us to refuse or argue. We do ask for payment up front and do give an opportunity to put a tip on your credit card at that time, later or not at all if the guest prefers. When asked what the usual tip is, the answer is "generally like in a restaurant, 15-20%, but that is up to you", and it is.

Thank you for your valuable insight. It truly is appreciated. As I said at the time, I'm sorry and please forgive me. I would appreciate the opportunity to say so again, personally, if you would please call.

“Excellent fall trip! ”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I took the 2 hour ride through the mountains and had a wonderful time. We even saw some deer! Great first horse riding experience!

Hi Zachary,

Thank you for your great comments. They are very much appreciated. The deer were an awesome site, weren't they! They are usually very shy so that was special.

We look forward to serving you again.

Naples, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Took our family and friends (9 in total) today. We all had a great time. Arrowmont Stables really leaves up to their tripadvisor reputation. Would highly recommend them if you are looking to go horse back riding. The property is amazing and the change in environment form meadows to mountains is fantastic

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ron G
Dear Ron,
Thank you for your comments. We value your input and strive to provide you with the best service, trails, guides and horses. We're pleased you enjoyed it.
Once Again - Thanks,
Arrowmont Stables
“Beautiful views, great horses, awesome trails, and friendly people.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Accommodated last minute reservations for two adults and two kids. We also scheduled a pony ride for my almost two year old son. They were so friendly, the flame azalea trail was one hour long and gorgeous! The horse were clean, well-mannered, and well fed. We loved hearing the history of the stables and the philosophy that the horses were allowed to be horses. They roam free during the evening hours and seems to enjoy the trail ride themselves.

Visited June 2013
Dear Borden Family,

We appreciate your comments and your willingness to take the time to post them. We try our best to make sure our guests are well taken care of. Arrowmont wouldn't be here without you.

Have a blessed day,
Waxhaw, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overnight trip to Cashiers”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and two of our children joined me for a short trip to Cashiers. I had business in the area that would take me until around lunch on a Friday leaving the rest of the day and most of Saturday open. After I was done with business we had lunch in the town and started searching for a place to spend the night. We were told to check out Arroowmount by our hostess at lunch. Sounded good so off we go.
What a great find for our stay, the owners are wonderful people and I enjoyed just speaking with them. We rented a way off the beaten path private cabin for the night. Now you need to understand, this is not a Ritz style of place. The cabin we rented was built 30 or 40 years ago. We found it perfect, two bedrooms, a nicely stocked kitchen, one bath with stall shower, and a small family room with pullout couch and lazy boy chair. There was a small tv with direct tv and all the channels needed, but we did not come to watch tv. The Staff told us about ponds, streams, waterfalls and hiking trails on the property. We were told to make ourselves at home and explore.

They have over twenty very well trained horses on the ranch, and we took a long trail ride on Sayurday. Our guide was the best and made sure we enjoyed the ride.
I highly recommend Arrowmount for the adventure loving family, or those looking for a wonderful trail ride on horses. The long drive on the road to a cabin was great, and can be made in any car, but it will get dirty. Remember I said adventure, we found it perfect in the FJ, and my wife was wishing we had brought her jeep. There are offroad trails to explore as well.

We cannot remember a weekend that we have enjoyed more, this is a very cool place!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Fjjeepfamily
Hi There,

Arrowmont is thankful to have the opportunity to serve you and your family. I'm grateful you explained our horse farm and mountain so well.

This is an adventure area as opposed to a city experience.

We look forward to serving you and your family again.

Arrowmont Stables & Cabins