“Great time!”

$89.95*
Flame Azalea and Fern Forest Combo Horseback Trail Ride
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Cullowhee
More attraction details
Owner description: Arrowmont has one of the best trail ride programs in the SE, maybe even the country. You ride breathtakingly beautiful trails with majestic mountain top views, a picturesque valley with creeks & streams, and cool fern forests.
LONGWOOD
“Great time!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Nancy and her grand kids were great! The horses were friendly, clean and beautiful. We really enjoyed the trail and area is just magnificent. We'd recommend this trip and we'll definitely be back!

Visited January 2013
Arrowmont_Stables, Owner at Arrowmont Stables, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thanks Dan,
We look forward to having you and yours return as well. The horses say Hello! God Bless You, Nancy

Neptune Beach, Florida
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“This would be a five but for the LONG video”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Nancy is wonderful, the horses are clean, well trained and beautiful, the trail is lovely! We had a great time with our family of four and or best friends who are also a family of four. The littlest children are 5 years old and Nancy gave them good direction and they had a ball.

The only complaint was that the very informative video was also VERY long. Too long and detailed for people on a fun ride and certainly too long for small children, they could not sit still for that long. I would suggest 5-6 really important pointers on which they can focus.

It was a great day though and I would highly recommend them.

Visited December 2012
Hi There,
Thanks for your comments. We are working on a version for children thanks to you! We appreciate all comments to help us improve. Take care and God Bless You, Nancy
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Amazing”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Went today as a suprise for my anniversary and it was defiantly worth the four hour drive the trail was pleasant and full of beautiful suprises. When we first came in Nancy was there to greet us as my partner was new to riding. It seemed like she was happy to see us rather than just happy for the business. Afterwards she went the extra milea and even offered us apple cider and hot chocolate which was really sweet. Are trail leader was a charming young lady who always kept us talking and smiling and laughing. She was very sweet and not at all concending when we would slip up. Overall this was an amazing anniversary and we got what we wanted and more while we were there. Defiantly a repeat visit is going to happen as soon as possible!!! Thank you Arrowmont Stabes.

Visited December 2012
Thanks for your sweet comments and I'm especially grateful you felt it was worth your 4 hour drive to go horseback riding. Once again, a happy anniversary to you both. God Bless You, Nancy
Cullowhee, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just ok.”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We went on a Hayride October 2011. It was truck drawn & not horse drawn & only lasted about 1/2 hour. It could have been better if it was horse drawn & longer.

Hi, I'm sorry you were expecting a horse drawn wagon. We don't advertise a horse drawn hay ride because the ride back to the stables up from the valley would be too stressful for the horses over that distance. We do advertise a tractor drawn ride for that reason. We'll be happy to offer you a free ride next time you're in the area. Take care and God Bless You, Nancy
Wake Forest, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Ended Up with Very Expensive Riding Lesson”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was the finale to our outdoor adventure vacation (myself and my teen daughter). We had been horseback riding the day before at Biltmore and that was it for experience. The horses we were given were very difficult to control. Nancy, who was very nice and friendly, couldn't get the horse to obey either. I chose Arrowmont because my understanding is that we would not leave the ring for the trail ride until we felt comfortable on the horses. We arrived at 11, went into the ring at a little after 12 (had to complete paperwork and watch a video). 12:30 we were heading for the trail even though I expressed concern that we weren't ready. Nancy made it part way up the beginning of the trail when my daughter's horse refused to budge (Nancy was guiding the horse). My horse started to get antsy from waiting for them to move and wouldn't stay still and then started backing up and doing anything but what I "thought" I was indicating (stop). I decided that we were done and insisted on returning to the ring and asked that Nancy give my daughter a riding lesson in the ring instead of going on the trail. My daughter ended up getting a lesson on the horse that Nancy had been riding. My $260 2 hour trail ride for two ended up as a 2 hour riding lesson for one :( Would not recommend this stable for anyone who is inexperienced. Nancy even told me that it was probably time for the horses to be retrained.... Nancy is the only person we saw or met: she's super nice, but I don't feel our safety was priority that day; I think she was overwhelmed with running the farm and helping her husband recover from surgery.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Sandra M
Arrowmont_Stables, Owner at Arrowmont Stables, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
In a way this comment was a surprise since it was by Sandra's suggestion
that I give the personal 2 hour lesson for her daughter. I also offered
to provide her with a lesson but Sandra didn't want to. She said several
times that providing this for her daughter would be enough.

I even offered to take them back out on the trail after working with her
daughter (there would be no additional charge). Her daughter was on a
lead line (like a leash) on the trail which is as about as safe as one can be
with an inexperienced rider. That's how we handle 6 year old riders.

We certainly wouldn't have had as many positive comments as we have had
nor be in business as long as we have, if safety or customer satisfaction
was not a priority.

If she was as unsatisfied with the experience as indicated, I wish she
would have asked for her money refunded rather than a lesson for only
her daughter. I would have gladly done so but it was never mentioned. Not
even when we returned to the stables and dismounted. The trade off for
the lesson was immediatedly requested. She even mentioned this wasn't available
at Biltmore.

I am still willing to provide a refund for Sandra's part of the ride or for the
entire program if she doesn't believe her daughter received value for the
2 hours of lessons ($60/hour). But she should have been up front with me
rather than give me the impression that all she wanted was for her daughter
to be given private lessons and that would satisfy her.

My goal is a satisfied customer and I do what I can to achieve that goal. Afterall,
isn't that the whole point of being in business because you don't make money if your
clients/customers aren't satisfied?