“First Time Riding for our Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Arrowmont Stables

and up
Horseback Riding Adventure on the Flame Azalea Trail
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Cullowhee
More attraction details
Owner description: Arrowmont has one of the best trail ride programs in the SE, maybe even the country. You ride breathtakingly beautiful trails with majestic mountain top views, a picturesque valley with creeks & streams, and cool fern forests.
Minneapolis
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“First Time Riding for our Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have been coming to the Cashiers area for over 15 years, but our kids are now 9 and 7 and this was our first time at Arrowmont. We did the Flame Azelea trail and it was incredible. For our kids it was their first time riding and the horses and guide, Josh, couldn't have been better. I am a big guy at 250 lbs and had a wonderful draft horse named Betty that fit me perfectly. Our 7 yr old rode by himself without a lead for the entire ride and did great! The horses were gentle and made all of us really comfortable. We had Crescent, Sailor, Betty, and I forgot the name of my wife's horse. I wish we had started doing this sooner. Count on tipping your guide like you would a server at a restaurant (15-20%).

The scenery was unmatched and we really connected with our guide. The price for a family seems a little expensive at first blush, but I assure it will be an experience you will remember and talk about for a long time. This is really easy to get to from the center of Cashiers and they were very accommodating on riding time. We were fortunate to get a slot in the afternoon when we called in the morning, but I would recommend making a reservation at least 48 hrs in advance or more.

Visited July 2012

Miami, Florida
“Great Family Riding Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

My family and I have been going to Arrowmount for over 10 years and we love it. The horses are great, the guides are wonderful and talented, and the trails are beautiful. This is a great place for any level of experience with riding and a wonderful experience for families.

Visited August 2012
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not the horse whisperer.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

They were promoting that their horses were well trained and that one of the employees was touted as a horse whisperer. There were novices saddling and bridling the horses improperly. The saddle and bridle came off of the horse with me on the horse, before I left the riding ring for the ride. I am an experienced rider and that was inexcusable. That should NEVER happen.

Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“20 years later and still the best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

One of the things l love to do when on vacation is go horse back riding. Normally its just some boring over priced trail ride but not here. I have been going to Arrowmont for 20years every summer and they treat us like family. Beautiful trails that look over the mountains, fields of flowers with butterflies, meandering through a pine forest, the list goes on. David demonstrates the utmost professionalism and safety is a priority. With 30min ridding demonstration at the beginning of the ride, hard hats, and experienced guide the entire journey is well worth it.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Colleen O
McDonough,GA United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Giddy up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Had a great time riding the trails. The guides were friendly and made the ride that much better. I was a relaxing stroll through the woods and a definite repeatable experience. We will come back again and again.

Visited May 2012