“Giddy up!”

$89.95*
Flame Azalea and Fern Forest Combo Horseback Trail Ride
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Cullowhee
More attraction details
Owner description: Arrowmont has one of the best trail ride programs in the SE, maybe even the country. You ride breathtakingly beautiful trails with majestic mountain top views, a picturesque valley with creeks & streams, and cool fern forests.
McDonough,GA United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Giddy up!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Had a great time riding the trails. The guides were friendly and made the ride that much better. I was a relaxing stroll through the woods and a definite repeatable experience. We will come back again and again.

Visited May 2012

Greenville, SC
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Horse Heaven in the Mountains”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I am happy to give Arrowmont another five star review, I only wish that there wa a way to give them six! I am 60 years old and I am planning on a vacation in the fall that involves horse riding. While my wife has a lot of horse experience, having owned a horse during her youth, I had the grand total of 30 minutes on a horse 30 years ago. This last Saturday my wife and I dropped by Arrowmont just to check them out and see what they recommended for me to learn how to ride a horse. I met David who was extremely helpful and who called the owner Sony to see if he had recommendations for me. Sony dropped things, came right down to the stable and gave a lesson right then and there. It wasn't until two and a half hours later that i realized how blessed I had been to have had Sony as my teacher. He didn't just teach me how to how to get on a horse; he taught me horses. I find it very important to know why you do something and not just how to do something.and this was Sony's approach. As I said, my wife is experienced with horses but listened while Sony gave me the lesson. Later she told me she had learned a lot and wished that she had been taught many of the things Sony had taught me. At the start of the lesson i was a bit apprehensive to be close to horses but by the time I was done I knew how to saddle, bridle, and ride my horse. Sony even had me trotting in the ring (at least the horse was trotting). And make no mistake about their horses, these are not your average run-of-the mill rental horses. Both my wife and I could tell that these horses are well attended to and are well trained. And to think this is all located in what I think is some of the most beautiful country on the east coast! Many thanks to Sony and David for a great experience; I will be back!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Snorkky
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An Amazing Ride!”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My husband and I recently spent a week in North Carolina, hiking and biking and on every trail we saw people on horseback having an amazing ride. After calling around, we found Arrowmont Stables and are so glad we took the time to check around. We had an incredible experience and the most zen ride ever through the mountains and forests. The staff were thoroughly fantastic and David led us through a wonderland equine experience. Nancy, the owner was more than gracious and even watered and fed us on our journey. We HIGHLY recommend Arrowmont as the best place to ride in North Carolina!
If only we had more time.....

Visited March 2012
1 Thank bicycle1955
Parrish, Florida
“Dream Engagement!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

It all started in January 2012 when I called and wanted to propose to my girlfriend on horseback. I am from Florida and have family living in cashiers so I was familiar with the area. I called Arrowmont and talked to Nancy who was very helpful in helping put together my engagement ideas during our visit. She went out of her way to set up a beautiful table at the bottom of the mountain with a fire and nice lunch as I asked! It is by far the most beautiful horseback ride I have ever been on and recommend it to anybody looking to enjoy a couple hours in the mountain air. This visit would not have been remarkable with out the help and charming attitude of David who took us through the mountain. David also went out of his way and came in on his day off and set up my idea i had. PERFECT PERFECT place to ride!!

Visited January 2012
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“AMAZING TRIP”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

This past Thanksgiving week our family (with 2 teenage boys) took a trip to NC and decided to go horse back riding. We decided on Arrowmont Stables in Collowhee, NC and we were thrilled we did. This place is owned by a couple named David and Nancy, and they run an amazing facility. I was having an anxiety attack about riding the horses and Nancy literally took me aside and hugged me and spoke to me about the horses with almost a motherly love. She definitely eased my anxiety and we took the 2-hour tour with our guide David. I can't say enough about David, what an amazing guide, he explained everything along the way and made the trip so enjoyable that I forgot about my fear. The views we saw from the horse back riding trip were incredible. This place truly takes care of their horses and you can visibly see the love they pour into the animals. The horses are beautifully healthy and very friendly. My husband and I and my two teenage boys had a blast, we will definitely come back to this place for many years to come.

Visited November 2011